Camera found in Cozumel on 10/1/12

rockbock

The Carnival Dream was the only ship in port this day. My husband found a camera near the port. The camera is still working perfectly and all of the photos are safe.

If you lost a camera in Cozumel on 10/1/12 (in port...not on the ship), please respond to this thread with a detailed description of the camera. It will not be hard for me to know who the rightful owner is if you provide an accurate description.

Hope they get up with you! Your awesome!

A good tip for cameras: take a picture of your name and phone number just in case your camera gets lost. That way whoever finds it can call and return it.

I scrolled through every photo to see if the owner did this, but there was no identification at all.

If in doubt it is always wisest to leave it with guest services on the ship and they can hope the owner goes to the desk and sees if anyone turns it in.

They found the camera in Cozumel. Nowhere did they say they were also on the ship.

If in doubt it is always wisest to leave it with guest services on the ship and they can hope the owner goes to the desk and sees if anyone turns it in.

I contacted Guest Services immediately and told them to have anybody with inquiries about a lost camera to call my cabin directly. I made it clear that I only wanted calls from people who lost a camera in Cozumel and not on the ship.

Check out the rollcall for that cruise sailing. Couldn't hurt.

Already did that. Also posted on my Facebook group page for this cruise, Carnival's Facebook page, JH's Facebook page and the Facebook page for another Carnival group.

Slip over to Carnival Funville .....

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/14127.aspx

Post this to Mischelle and Mary.

I have seen them do wonders with reuniting found items to their rightful owners.

Including cash, heirloom jewelry and such.

The heirloom jewelry that was found was originally posted here on CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1545284&highlight=jewelry+found+on+the+elation

They will have access to Carnival ships in port and can check the lost item records.

You can also e-mail Mischelle CCLSUPPORT@CARNIVAL.COM

Can you tell from the pictures if they were on a cruise ship? Might be from someone on vacation in Cozumel, not on a cruise ship.

On higher-end cameras, you can put copyright info into the camera. I do that on my Canon. I include my name and phone number. This is captured within each picture. If you download to a PC and look at the properties of the picture, you may be able to see if they did the same. If it is more of a point-and-shoot camera, it will at least have the date and time the pictures were taken.

Good Luck, and thanks for trying. I hope you find my camera someday!

• 2 weeks later...

I FOUND A CAMERA IN COZUMEL on 10/7/12. Looks like someone lost this camera who were on the Carnival Magic or Conquest. I will be able to identify the owners. Last picture was taken on 10/5/12. I called carnival and they will not give me any information on anyone on the ship and they wouldnt take my info :( They want me to send it to them. I would rather give it directly to the owner. Please email me. Camera is ok and all pictures are intact.

I FOUND A CAMERA IN COZUMEL on 10/7/12. Looks like someone lost this camera who were on the Carnival Magic or Conquest. I will be able to identify the owners. Last picture was taken on 10/5/12. I called carnival and they will not give me any information on anyone on the ship and they wouldnt take my info :( They want me to send it to them. I would rather give it directly to the owner. Please email me. Camera is ok and all pictures are intact.

October 6 was Triumph.. I checked Puerta Maya pier info and it shows no ships docking on the 7th...that may help your search...unless the port info is wrong.

I'm the OP of this thread and the camera I found has still not been claimed. I posted 7 places about it and checked the lost camera sites. As of right now, I'm prepared to let my family begin using it; however, I have NOT deleted anything from the memory card, nor do I plan to do so anytime soon. So if at any point the owner sees this post, please let me know. It will be very easy to identify the rightful owner, both via the camera itself and via a photo taken in a mirror with the presumed owner holding the camera.

Based on older photos, I believe the owner lives in the state of California. The owner might be a female by the name of Ruben (I know it sounds like a guy's name, but I have reason to believe it's a female by this name).

I'm the OP of this thread and the camera I found has still not been claimed. I posted 7 places about it and checked the lost camera sites. As of right now, I'm prepared to let me family begin using it; however, I have NOT deleted anything from the memory card, nor do I plan to do so anytime soon. So if at any point the owner sees this post, please let me know. It will be very easy to identify the rightful owner, both via the camera itself and via a photo taken in a mirror with the presumed owner holding the camera.

Based on older photos, I believe the owner lives in the state of California. The owner might be a female by the name of Ruben (I know it sounds like a guy's name, but I have reason to believe it's a female by this name).

Very nice of you to at least maintain the memory card...hopefully in the near future, someone will come looking for it.

There is a website I have used to research things to do in Cozumel....Cozumel Insider. Maybe worth posting a message there somehow? I appreciate all the effort you are putting into finding the owner and certainly hope if I ever lose my camera that someone like you finds it!

One other option you might have consider (if you haven't already); if it is a relatively expensive camera it may be registered; I know my Canon has a number printed on the base and I did register it with the company. Maybe they could help track the owner.

Archived