Allure Sept 30, 2012 - The Most Disorganized Review Ever

swwake

Just in case you might be interested about the Carnival Breeze cruise, it is from Miami Sept. 21, 2014. It will be me my friend Buddy that you met on the Allure and a group of other friends from Virginia. We all just cruised on the Carnival Glory this past May and had a blast! I know. I know. I'm doing cruises on Carnival now too. :rolleyes:
I'll have to add this to our above list, but it may be out of the question - no FR!

Will do! Tossing lots of things around right now, and obviously we can't do it all! Some ideas:

- another flotilla, taking our daughter this time, same route

- a caribbean flotilla, possibly BVI

- B2B Allure or Oasis

- Dave and David (from our Allure cruise) want to do Quantum, but want to do it late fall when it first sails. Cold!

- You want to do Quantum, possibly May 2015

- family beach trip, rent house, take the dogs

- order and take EuroDelivery on a BMW - add Munich, Berlin and Prague, or drive through Italy toward Greece prior to the flotilla above

- Disney Food and Wine/Universal Haunted Horror Nights (October 2014)

- cruise on Navigator out of Galveston

So we are all over the place and all up in the air as of right now. Have to look at our time and money travel budgets, as well as coordinating with friends like you, Harold!

It's interesting that I see on your list a Caribbean flotilla type trip. I have really been looking at the possibility of that. That's a much easier trip to plan than the one you just did in Greece. There isn't anything that says we have to do a cruise on a cruise ship. ;)

As far as the Caribbean flotilla, were you thinking about doing a catamaran sailing with a captain and crew and sharing the boat or just a standard sailboat with each person in their own boat?

It's interesting that I see on your list a Caribbean flotilla type trip. I have really been looking at the possibility of that. That's a much easier trip to plan than the one you just did in Greece. There isn't anything that says we have to do a cruise on a cruise ship. ;)
I will keep you posted as we look into it. Of course you should join our flotilla if we book one! That would be fun!

As far as the Caribbean flotilla, were you thinking about doing a catamaran sailing with a captain and crew and sharing the boat or just a standard sailboat with each person in their own boat?
We would prefer the way we did the Greek one - we skipper our own boat. I have only found one company offering that in the Caribbean, but that was via quick cell phone search WHILE we were in Greece, so it will require more research.

What a review!!!! The GF and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (although it's July and I just stumbled upon it). This truly made me want to do a cruise on Allure or Oasis which I had previous reservations about being a Freedom class snob. You guys seems like awesome people (people we would love to hang out with) and share a lot of similar likes!

Thanks for sharing your trip!!

Cheers,

Goose

What a review!!!! The GF and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (although it's July and I just stumbled upon it). This truly made me want to do a cruise on Allure or Oasis which I had previous reservations about being a Freedom class snob. You guys seems like awesome people (people we would love to hang out with) and share a lot of similar likes!

Thanks for sharing your trip!!

Cheers,

Goose

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope it was helpful. We LOVE Liberty OTS (our favorite ship) but we really, really enjoyed both of our Oasis class cruises. I encourage you to try one of them. Have you read my Oasis report (in my signature)?

Loved you review. Never miss watching the Best of the Best. It's the best way to end a cruise. Nothing else at sea like the flowrider. Thanks for taking us along on your best of best cruise.
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. We miss Allure/Oasis now and are considering another trip on one of them in 2014. :)

You're right, there's nothing at sea like the flow rider.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. We miss Allure/Oasis now and are considering another trip on one of them in 2014. :)

You're right, there's nothing at sea like the flow rider.

I have yet to go on the Oasis. Maybe a Springtime Western trip on the Oasis might be an idea..... HINT, HINT, HINT.......:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Your review was fantastic...thanks so much for sharing your experience....I will be on the Allure in November and am trying to take in as much as possible...your review made some of my decisions a little easier to do. :D

I have yet to go on the Oasis. Maybe a Springtime Western trip on the Oasis might be an idea..... HINT, HINT, HINT.......:cool:
We are still in "hold" mode on planning 2014 vacations. A few things are up in the air.

How was the Glory?

Your review was fantastic...thanks so much for sharing your experience....I will be on the Allure in November and am trying to take in as much as possible...your review made some of my decisions a little easier to do. :D
Thanks for the compliments. It's always good to hear that someone derived some value from my review. Glad people are still reading it!

We are still in "hold" mode on planning 2014 vacations. A few things are up in the air.

How was the Glory?

Thanks for the compliments. It's always good to hear that someone derived some value from my review. Glad people are still reading it!

Hi Susan! The Glory was fine. I had a good time and will cruise Carnival agin. I just like Royal Caribbean better. I understand about 2014, i'm now in a wait and see mode about next year too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...

Hey Susan! Hope you Chris are doing well. I think I found a good sailing on the Navigator in May 2014. It's May 11th 2014, the Navigator's enhancements look like thay are going to be great. The Flowrider and some new balcony cabins are being added to Deck 12. Let me know if that might be doable for you guys! Take Care. Harold. :D

Great review, great photos.

Thanks for taking all the time and effort to make such a readable and enjoyable account of your time on this amazing ship!

Norris

in Chicago

• 7 months later...
(apologies in advance for the lack of ANY photos!)

[

[

This post is extremely long and boring without any photos, so here's a bonus pic of my dogs last night. Sandy and Harry. Yes, they are allowed on the furniture.

404606_10151284320916788_1182247981_n.jpg

I"m headed on the Allure in July and am enjoying reading your review, and also others . . but I loved seeing this picture. I'm a golden mom also! So cute!! (and aren't they all allowed on the furniture? :) I love snuggling with them!!

I"m headed on the Allure in July and am enjoying reading your review, and also others . . but I loved seeing this picture. I'm a golden mom also! So cute!! (and aren't they all allowed on the furniture? :) I love snuggling with them!!

Hi Libby - you are going to LOVE Allure! I miss it so much, and we are booking our November 2015 sailings today.

Sandy is our conformation-bred dog and Harry is a rescue. We DNA tested Harry and he's purebred :) We love our pups.

Hi Libby - you are going to LOVE Allure! I miss it so much, and we are booking our November 2015 sailings today.

Sandy is our conformation-bred dog and Harry is a rescue. We DNA tested Harry and he's purebred :) We love our pups.

Beautiful dogs! I had two boys that lived to be 16 and 14 (the 16 y.o. is in the pix by name) who I lost in the past year. And now we have a 2 year old rescue girl!!

Loved your review . . now I want to buy a hook bracelet :) I liked the pictures of Oyster Bay - we stayed at the beach resort a few years ago for a week.

Thanks!!

Beautiful dogs! I had two boys that lived to be 16 and 14 (the 16 y.o. is in the pix by name) who I lost in the past year. And now we have a 2 year old rescue girl!!

Loved your review . . now I want to buy a hook bracelet :) I liked the pictures of Oyster Bay - we stayed at the beach resort a few years ago for a week.

Thanks!!

Goodness those are long lives for goldens! You must have been giving them exceptional love and attention.

Thanks for the compliments. I wear my hook bracelet almost daily and I'm wearing it now. It goes with everything! :)