Speaking of Coffee.....

lori450

lol, you sound like me with the Liquid Hazelnut Creamer. My last cruise I finally said "what the heck" and took my travel size Black & Decker Brew & Go", Dunkin Donut Coffee, and Hazelnut Creamer. Put it in my carry on and figured I'll take my chances and if they wanted to take it and hold it till I got off, they could, but I was definitely going to let them know that their coffee is absolutely horrible. Well luckily they never questioned it and was able to brew my own coffee throughout our cruise. It has an automatic shut off so it is completely safe and probably safer than my curling iron and straightener. I also didn't leave it out in plain sight, when I was done making my coffee in the morning I put it away. I don't know why they just don't put coffee makers in all cabins, from what I hear they have them in JS. I have tried just bringing my own creamer but their coffee is beyond doctoring up:eek:. Now next cruise we have to fly so I won't be able to take it with me so I may have to settle for tea or hot chocolate:mad:, just not the same without my morning cups of coffee.

Can't you just pack it in your suitcase? If not, tell me when you're arriving, I'll bring one to you at the airport ;)

Found on the Allure, that Starbucks was consistent in quality with what I have had on land based locations. Used a giftcard with no problem.

I sure hope that translates to the Oasis as well. I drink coffee from a Keurig at home and really miss it when I have a cup out. Starbucks makes an acceptable substitute and being able to get a quality caffeine fix in the morning will sure improve my day.

Can't you just pack it in your suitcase? If not, tell me when you're arriving, I'll bring one to you at the airport ;)

Our cruise isn't until next May and flying in on the 10th, do you work at the airport or live close that you made that offer? We aren't able to take our B&D coffee maker because we are flying Spirit and have to pay for all luggage, even carry ons:eek:. Do you take yours when you cruise also? Would security for the Oasis & Allure let the coffee maker go through if I take it in my carry on (We had no problem on the Explorer)? We are staying precruise at the Hyatt Place (Dania Beach) so I hope there is somewhere close that we can purchase our liquid Hazelnut and coffee. If you are from the area I'm either interested in the little tubs or the concentrated that doesn't have to be refrigerated. I get mine at Sam's club up here in PA. We are doing a B2B Oasis/Allure and will be on the ship for 14 days otherwise I wouldn't bother, but don't know if I can go that long w/out a decent cup of coffee.

Do you bring you're own creamer????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On my Alaskan cruise last May I brought a small bottle of International Delight French Vanilla and our room steward kept a bucket of ice full all week for it (and for a bottle of champange we couldn't drink until later in the cruise when the waves calmed down). I ordered room service coffee to be delivered each morning and it was nice to enjoy a cup before getting dressed and roaming the ship.

Archived