Reflection Specialty Dining Package

IslandGirl14

Hi all, I searched and didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd share. Right now on the Celebrity website under the Plan & Book > Book Specialty Dining section, there is a special offer specifically for the Reflection ship. You can choose either a 4- or 5-dinner package for roughly 20% off which I think is a great deal. According to the website, you have to reserve it by booking a time slot for Tuscan Grille and then they say that you'll be contacted once you're on the cruise or you can go to a restaurant reservation desk. You can purchase the package up to 4 days before the cruise.

When I went to book it online and followed the instructions, I thought that at some point it would indicate that I was purchasing the package. Up until the point of entering my credit card information, it appeared that I was only booking the restaurant by itself. I know that's in line with the instructions, but in case there were any discrepancies down the line, how can I prove that my intent was to purchase the entire package as opposed to one night's dinner? So I called the 800# provided and that was absolutely no help. The CSR that helped me initially told me that she had no idea what I was talking about (in terms of the promotion). I told her where it was LIVE on the website and then she told me that the promotion shouldn't be out yet, that it's not supposed to be there. She told me that she'd bring it to management's attention and told me that she couldn't book it for me by phone. Before I attempt to call back and hopefully get another CSR, I was curious if anyone tried to purchase this package online or got any different info from another Celebrity CSR. Here are the details from the website:

Specialty Dining Packages

on Celebrity Reflection

You can experience several unique specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase one of our Specialty Dining Packages for your cruise vacation aboard Celebrity ReflectionSM. Awaken your inner foodie on a culinary journey at Qsine®. Experience impeccable service and world-class cuisine at Murano. Savor the bold flavors of our Italian steakhouse, Tuscan Grille. And enjoy interactive, open-air grilling with ocean views at the Lawn Club Grill.

4 Dinners Specialty Package

This culinary experience includes one dinner in Murano, one dinner in Qsine, one dinner in Tuscan Grille, and one dinner in the Lawn Club Grill.

Save 17% at $125 per person.

5 Dinners Specialty Package

This fine dining indulgence includes one dinner in Murano, one dinner in Qsine, two dinners in Tuscan Grille, and one dinner at the Lawn Club Grill.

Save 23% at $139 per person.

Call 1-800-722-5941 for more information or simply book once on board. (If you book on board, then how can you get the discount???)

Book Your Specialty Dining Package Now

When booking your package, you will select a time and date for your first dinner in Tuscan Grille. Upon embarkation, you will be contacted by one of our Maitre D's to arrange the rest of your reservations. Or, you could simply go to one of our specialty restaurant reservation desks to reserve the rest. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding.

Hi all, I searched and didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd share. Right now on the Celebrity website under the Plan & Book > Book Specialty Dining section, there is a special offer specifically for the Reflection ship. You can choose either a 4- or 5-dinner package for roughly 20% off which I think is a great deal. According to the website, you have to reserve it by booking a time slot for Tuscan Grille and then they say that you'll be contacted once you're on the cruise or you can go to a restaurant reservation desk. You can purchase the package up to 4 days before the cruise.

When I went to book it online and followed the instructions, I thought that at some point it would indicate that I was purchasing the package. Up until the point of entering my credit card information, it appeared that I was only booking the restaurant by itself. I know that's in line with the instructions, but in case there were any discrepancies down the line, how can I prove that my intent was to purchase the entire package as opposed to one night's dinner? So I called the 800# provided and that was absolutely no help. The CSR that helped me initially told me that she had no idea what I was talking about (in terms of the promotion). I told her where it was LIVE on the website and then she told me that the promotion shouldn't be out yet, that it's not supposed to be there. She told me that she'd bring it to management's attention and told me that she couldn't book it for me by phone. Before I attempt to call back and hopefully get another CSR, I was curious if anyone tried to purchase this package online or got any different info from another Celebrity CSR. Here are the details from the website:

Specialty Dining Packages

on Celebrity Reflection

You can experience several unique specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase one of our Specialty Dining Packages for your cruise vacation aboard Celebrity ReflectionSM. Awaken your inner foodie on a culinary journey at Qsine®. Experience impeccable service and world-class cuisine at Murano. Savor the bold flavors of our Italian steakhouse, Tuscan Grille. And enjoy interactive, open-air grilling with ocean views at the Lawn Club Grill.

4 Dinners Specialty Package

This culinary experience includes one dinner in Murano, one dinner in Qsine, one dinner in Tuscan Grille, and one dinner in the Lawn Club Grill.

Save 17% at $125 per person.

5 Dinners Specialty Package

This fine dining indulgence includes one dinner in Murano, one dinner in Qsine, two dinners in Tuscan Grille, and one dinner at the Lawn Club Grill.

Save 23% at $139 per person.

Call 1-800-722-5941 for more information or simply book once on board. (If you book on board, then how can you get the discount???)

Book Your Specialty Dining Package Now

When booking your package, you will select a time and date for your first dinner in Tuscan Grille. Upon embarkation, you will be contacted by one of our Maitre D's to arrange the rest of your reservations. Or, you could simply go to one of our specialty restaurant reservation desks to reserve the rest. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding.

Our friends booked one last year in Europe and then they lowered the price on ship. Make certain you know what you paid as I read on another thread of tips that they will honor the better price for you if it is better. We sail Celebrity all of the time.

Karen

We have already made our reservations since we wanted specific times and dates to coincide to when we will be returning from full-day excursions. We are planning on taking advantage of any savings from price differences when on board. At least that is what we are hoping we can do.

• 4 weeks later...

I've booked 5 specialty restaurants in advance in the past and you get billed for the full cost. Once on board, you simply need to go to the specialty dining room area and talk with someone saying you want to convert it to the special package. Celebrity then credits you the difference on your account and that is how you get your discount. The advantage of pre-booking is you are more likely to get the times you want.

We've just come off Reflection and booked the 4 meal for $125 package on board. We were taking a look around Murano on the embarkation day, when one of the waiters came up to us and told us about the various promotions, so we made our reservations there and then...and enjoyed them all, especially Murano and Lawn Club Grille.

The OP's description of the package sounds like the way they do it on RCCL these days. You book/pay the package on line, pre-reserving ONE night in the restaurant they require (Tuscan Grille in the OP's case) and then once on board book the rest of the restaurants in the package.

Of course waiting to book/purchase the packages on board works too, as others posters in this thread have described.

Archived