Nervous - TS Patty and Invest 98L

Anjanu

Out of 13 cruises, this is my first time sailing during hurricane season. I sail tomorrow from Jacksonville, FL to the Bahamas. I'm nervous about my cruise with the two storms circulating out there? Please help me to relax and soothe my nerves.

I have never been to the Bahamas but...

Our Captain last month, diverted our ship to avoid Hurricane Miriam and Tropical storm Norman.

We did have some bad weather but still a great cruise.

They watch "where" the storms are.. and they avoid them to the best of their ability...

Worst case? You miss a port.

Have a great cruise... I am SO jealous !

whew...just read from wunderground.net

TS Patty

Tropical Storm Patty has unexpectedly formed from 97L just east of The Bahamas. This is in an area where most storms tend to eventually affect land but there shouldn't be much of a concern with Patty here as hostile conditions should make Patty be a very short lived system and with slow movement, by the time it reaches The Bahamas, it will likely hardly be a depression--if it's even together by then--which should be by the weekend and dissipation is expected around that time. So The Bahamas should probably just get some increased showers and slightly elevated winds if at all but damage, if any, should be minimal to none.

Invest 98L

Invest 98L continues to gradually develop and a TD/TS forming from this seems to be a rather strong possibility. Northern Lesser Antilles should feel the most squally weather from 98L by Friday and the system may be a tropical depression or even storm by then so it's worth keeping an eye on for them though no major preparations should be done as 98L still isn't even a tropical cyclone. After affecting these islands, models suggest that Bermuda may be threatened and just maybe the Lower 48 so we have time to watch it. NHC gives this one a 50% chance of TC formation by Saturday afternoon.

If you miss HMC this week I have good vibes we will not miss it in December.

This will be my 5th time to Half Moon Cay. I love the island and love the Fascination! If we miss it next week, there's always December. This is true!

TS Patty

Tropical Storm Patty has unexpectedly formed from 97L just east of The Bahamas. This is in an area where most storms tend to eventually affect land but there shouldn't be much of a concern with Patty here as hostile conditions should make Patty be a very short lived system and with slow movement, by the time it reaches The Bahamas, it will likely hardly be a depression--if it's even together by then--which should be by the weekend and dissipation is expected around that time. So The Bahamas should probably just get some increased showers and slightly elevated winds if at all but damage, if any, should be minimal to none.

Invest 98L

Invest 98L continues to gradually develop and a TD/TS forming from this seems to be a rather strong possibility. Northern Lesser Antilles should feel the most squally weather from 98L by Friday and the system may be a tropical depression or even storm by then so it's worth keeping an eye on for them though no major preparations should be done as 98L still isn't even a tropical cyclone. After affecting these islands, models suggest that Bermuda may be threatened and just maybe the Lower 48 so we have time to watch it. NHC gives this one a 50% chance of TC formation by Saturday afternoon.

I guess I could say that this may be good news. LOL

TS Patty

Invest 98L

Invest 98L has been upgraded to Tropical Storm Rafael...

And it might be heading towards my place in Nova Scotia....

atl_overview.jpg.06f796495bf703936334a8a451b6d802.jpg

235726.jpg.4de3cf0d03e05bb97904ee00d5c77e6a.jpg

Invest 98L has been upgraded to Tropical Storm Rafael...

And it might be heading towards my place in Nova Scotia....

We leave out of Norfolk in 10 days... hopefully this will have passed and nothing new with be forming :(

Archived