Viking Yacht Cruises

Hi,

I posted here a while about about our cruise to Greece, but I'm curious if anyone is reading now who's done a tour of the islands on Viking Yacht Cruises. We booked thier Cycladic Pearls itinerary based on one recommendation, a good feeling, and a sense of adventure, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's been on one of thier ships.

Rachel

About 6 years ago we did the Ionian island itinerary (out of Corfu) on Zeus Cruises. This company (which was owned 50/50 by a New Yorker and a gentleman from Athens) eventually was folded into the company of which you speak. I understand that the Greek owner of Zeus, is still involved in the current company. We had a great time on the Zeus cruise. Everything is very informal and fun. But be prepared for the fact that the cabins are very tiny, but comfortable and air conditioned. Our experience was a once in a lifetime strange trip. We had spent a month in Europe on our own, and grabbed a ferry from Brindisi to Corfu to find our "yacht" which was supposed to be the Zeus. We found the Zeus next to the ferry dock in Corfu, but their cruise director (Chloe) told us that they had overbooked the Yacht (it held about 40). So, they had chartered a 2nd yacht (called the Sea Crown) which only held 10 couples and we had been assigned to that boat. It turned out we had 5 couples from the Netherlands, 4 couples from Germany and us (Americans). It was an absolutely wonderful week, and we loved the totally unspoiled Ionians (no cruise ships go there other than to Corfu) with its desserted beaches, clean water, etc. Not sure if I was the one who encouraged Rachel to try this, but my wife and I would not hesitate to again do this kind of trip.

Hank

Archived