Bringing along 1st time cruisers

TSUmom

My H and I have sailed with NCL many times and our now silver latitudes members. We use the latitudes check in line but this time we are treating my SIL and DD to their first cruise and will be using our credit card for their on board account. Will we be able to take them to the latitudes check in line with us or do we all need to go to the regular check in line?

It is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

The lines all end up at the same place. I remember one cruise where the latitudes line was actually longer than the regular line. Most of the time this isn't true, but once it was. I've never had anyone ask for me to prove I was latitudes, or show any sort of boarding pass ticket while queueing up. You are all traveling as a group, stick together.

Only time we've had a really shorter line was at Dover getting on the Sun a couple of years ago. The suite line is always short/empty, not that much difference on the rest.

Yes, stay together whichever line is shorter at the time. My reservation shows my latitudes status and I imagine it's visible to the agents. They probably don't care....except for the suite thing.

My H and I have sailed with NCL many times and our now silver latitudes members. We use the latitudes check in line but this time we are treating my SIL and DD to their first cruise and will be using our credit card for their on board account. Will we be able to take them to the latitudes check in line with us or do we all need to go to the regular check in line?

We took my parents on a cruise to Alaska 2 years ago and they stayed in a Haven suite as did we (2 separate suites). They had never cruised before, but they were allowed to use the VIP line. Could be because they were Haven guests. Not sure though.

Thank you for the replies - I want to keep us all together and make their first experience to cruising easy. When DH and I went on our first cruise we had no clue and just felt a bit lost following everyone and hoping they knew what they were doing. I will just keep us together and if the latitudes line is shorter we will head there. Again, many thanks!!

We took my parents on a cruise to Alaska 2 years ago and they stayed in a Haven suite as did we (2 separate suites). They had never cruised before, but they were allowed to use the VIP line. Could be because they were Haven guests. Not sure though.

Yes the reason you all were allowed to use the VIP boarding was because you were all considered VIPs due to the cabin type - ie suite.

Now had your parents been in a regular cabin and you had been in the suite only you would have been allowed to use the VIP boarding system.

We were also in a suite on our first cruise and indeed it was confusing.

Now on our last cruise we were also in a suite and the new VIP check in is even nicer than the system in place 10yrs ago.:)

We are in the same 'boat' so to speak. I will be using my cc to place on my DD's cabin and DS's cabin. We are all in suites, so I just need to be sure they arrive at the port the same time we do. We are all in the same hotel the night before so it should not be an issue.

Archived