dressing up the columns

janine1030

I completely agree! I've been wondering the same thing. I even contacted the wedding department to ask if they have any alternative to the columns but they said no. :( I would love to know if anyone has any ideas on decorating them somehow to make them look more classy.

Maybe pick a location other than a cruise to get married on if the tackiness of other brides' pictures are stressing you out so much. Maybe get married on shore or stay home and use a more traditional, prettier venue if that is where your priorities lie.

*Ouch*

I didn't think she meant the brides pictures were tacky. I think what she meant was that the columns seem a little of place in the pictures. A column is such a classical (as renaissance) piece in otherwise less formal spaces.

With that said, I think maybe you can achieve that same sense of place with a podium. I saw one bride provided a hupppah, which if you aren't Jewish could still be nice if decorated. Just remember you have to bring this item on board and then carry it off at the end of your cruise.

Maybe pick a location other than a cruise to get married on if the tackiness of other brides' pictures are stressing you out so much. Maybe get married on shore or stay home and use a more traditional, prettier venue if that is where your priorities lie.

what are you talking about?? who said anything about brides' pictures being tacky? :rolleyes:

I was just responding to the OP's plost honestly. She thinks the columns in pictures from former brides (I had such columns) were tacky. You stated fake flowers are tacky (I am sure I am not the only bride out there that had fake flowers). Frankly I think you comments may not have been very thoughtful. Frankly if you are more concerned about the tackiness of the venue than the love in your heart and you can't see how your flippant remarks may make otheres feel bad or defensive that is your deal.

For cruise brides to be- let your smiles and happiness shine through. You won't even notice a back drop in the photos if your happiness is there for all to see. Seriously don't worry about the "tacky" things other brides have apparently settled for. If you don't like columns work with your photographer to get the shots you want and use their experience to get some great photos you wouldn't have thought of.

I was just responding to the OP's plost honestly. She thinks the columns in pictures from former brides (I had such columns) were tacky. You stated fake flowers are tacky (I am sure I am not the only bride out there that had fake flowers). Frankly I think you comments may not have been very thoughtful. Frankly if you are more concerned about the tackiness of the venue than the love in your heart and you can't see how your flippant remarks may make otheres feel bad or defensive that is your deal.

For cruise brides to be- let your smiles and happiness shine through. You won't even notice a back drop in the photos if your happiness is there for all to see. Seriously don't worry about the "tacky" things other brides have apparently settled for. If you don't like columns work with your photographer to get the shots you want and use their experience to get some great photos you wouldn't have thought of.

You are over analyzing this post.

No one said fake flowers were tacky. It has been stated that the flowers Carnival provided on the columns can be replaced with better looking ones.

No one stated that a bride's pictures were tacky.

This post was simply made to get ideas on ways the columns could be made to look nicer because some of us don't like the way the standard ones look.

Please don't start trouble in this post. It was innocent and not anything like what you made it to be.

Agreed. I didn't mean to make others feel like their event was less than stellar or to make future brides feel like they were settling.

What I should have said was the flowers were not my style.BTW: My bouquet flowers were fake, I did not mean to insinuate all fake flowers look 'tacky'.

I think the columns are so ugly and look tacky in a lot of the pictures. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they are doing to dress them up?

You are over analyzing this post.

No one said fake flowers were tacky. It has been stated that the flowers Carnival provided on the columns can be replaced with better looking ones.

No one stated that a bride's pictures were tacky.

This post was simply made to get ideas on ways the columns could be made to look nicer because some of us don't like the way the standard ones look.

Please don't start trouble in this post. It was innocent and not anything like what you made it to be.

Really? Go back and read before you post. I quote "I think the columns are so ugly and loot tacky in a lot of the pictures". I suspect there aren't just pic of columns out there and the pictures being bashed are from brides who posted on here to try to help you all. Read further in the post about the agreement and how fake flowers are even worse. Not trying to make controversy. Seriously some of the shallow things said on here are so oofensive to past brides trying to help that I don't know why bother. Happy planning and wedding,but don't be upset when somebody is critical of your special day.

Really? Go back and read before you post. I quote "I think the columns are so ugly and loot tacky in a lot of the pictures". I suspect there aren't just pic of columns out there and the pictures being bashed are from brides who posted on here to try to help you all. Read further in the post about the agreement and how fake flowers are even worse. Not trying to make controversy. Seriously some of the shallow things said on here are so oofensive to past brides trying to help that I don't know why bother. Happy planning and wedding,but don't be upset when somebody is critical of your special day.

I read again and I still see "Columns" she didn't say fake flowers. You even quoted it. And I stand by what I say. No one on this post said fake flowers are tacky. In fact 99% of us are using fake flowers for our bouquet and not using Carnival's real flowers. It not about fake flowers being tacky. The way they are arranged are not appealing to some and that is ok. All brides are allowed to have their own opinion and if we want to change something that you like, it shouldn't be an issue. Sorry if you feel offended but that doesn't change my opinion on the columns. And you are entitled yours. I'm not upset that you like the columns. :) Have a good evening.

Oh geez princessTiffany, I already apologized.

My wedding & pics had the same 'awful' 'tacky' columns described in this thread and I didn't take it nearly as personally as you did.

Tell the truth, :confused: you are the manufacturer of these carnival columns aren't you? :D:p

(just kidding) I'm sorry we offended you.

Oh geez princessTiffany, I already apologized.

My wedding & pics had the same 'awful' 'tacky' columns described in this thread and I didn't take it nearly as personally as you did.

Tell the truth, :confused: you are the manufacturer of these carnival columns aren't you? :D:p

(just kidding) I'm sorry we offended you.

Herbaltees- I owe you an apology. I could not see your post before my latest post. I didn't mean to upset you and your sensitivity is much appreciated. I guess the original post just rubbed me wrong. Again thank you for the clarification and I am very sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. My partner and I got married on a cruise and she shared a lot of info on here. It just felt like somebody was looking at others helpfulness and then spitting on it. And no I don't manufacture the collumns:-) I would make them taller and more realistic if I did;-)

jump off a boat tiffany.I was asking for suggestions to change to columns because I do not care for them. If you are speaking of someone in reference to me, I believe the request was for suggestions for changing the columns not for someone to nit pick what people are saying.

Archived