dressing up the columns

janine1030

These are good ideas. You could also top them with a wire bird cage if that fits your theme. I had thought about using two nice topiaries but decided that would be too much trouble.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

jump off a boat tiffany.I was asking for suggestions to change to columns because I do not care for them. If you are speaking of someone in reference to me, I believe the request was for suggestions for changing the columns not for someone to nit pick what people are saying.

Maybe a fabric in your wedding colors or flowers to wrap around. I think anything would probably look sweet next to a nasty bride attitude- not saying you have one (I mean you did tell me to jump off a boat). Hugs and kisses and lots of sweet wishes on your big day.

My daughter was just married on a carnival cruise in the library. She went with a beach theme. She has two horses and I spent more time brushing the dirt off the horse shoes than spray painting them gold and gluing the shells on them. The candles are batteries operated. Her sister made her flowers arrangements from silk flowers and real shells. The gold angels are our Christmas stocking holder that we have used for many years. My daughter dress cost only $400 from Brides against Breast Cancer. http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/index.php/about/ I used a foldable office depot crate ($29) to carry the items on to the ship. I did have to take items out of the crate and fold the crate up to get through the security belt. You cannot bring any real flowers on to the ship or take any real flowers off the ship. I will try to post some pictures.

IMG_2494.jpg.9f001dcdc206ccd344159a3b63ef95a0.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg.9b96009cd4d93636459756d3b249268b.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg.e0a494c4c10fda46b5d3cbb23f4e9fbe.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg.e0584b9d0ab873aa10d888072aa5e194.jpg

In the brides silk flowers some of the shells had nail polish that was white and would turn pink in the sun light. The flowers for the moms had butterflies made with shells in them. We used gum paste to make the shells for the cake and we brought our own cake topper. Check out oriental trading. com for wedding favors. http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-themes-and-events/party-favors/wedding/wedding-reception-a1-388627+1506-1-1.fltr?categoryFromSearch=true&rd=wedding%20favers

The sheet cake was at the bridal shower.

P1010060.jpg.aec174976f3e80b3b8cbbac63d693d0c.jpg

P1010061.jpg.866786cf128186c11c209daf62b3f1a1.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg.83067f06a57954dc9cde1a1915554978.jpg

P1010016.jpg.ff2e6973157dec187785851e53e2ae84.jpg

Oh wow, twin A. That's great that they offer alternatives. My wedding is over, but did they say what the additional fees were?

Ooooooo!:eek: :rolleyes: Thank you SO much Twin A for sharing this information. I had NO idea they had other options (even if for an additional cost). I too, like HerbalTees am very interested to know what the additional costs are if they told you. My wedding is in May and I would love to use one of these options. :D

I do have prices. They don't seem to have a formal price list. The rep (I think from AWFY) just sent me some photos in an email with some descriptions and prices. So after I match the photos with the prices I'll update you all!

I just hopped in the bed and had to get one last CC fix before going to sleep. But I'll write back in the morning.

Ok. So I decided that I couldn't just leave you hanging! I know how I get when there's info I'm waiting for on the boards and am always glad to get it quickly so that I can plan...at midnight...on a Saturday. I'm addicted! :o

White Ceremony Arch plain with white or ivory fabric only (no floral) - $300

White Ceremony Arch with white or ivory fabric and top center rose floral arrangement only - $420

White Ceremony Arch with white or ivory fabric, top center rose floral arrangement + two small rose floral décor on center sides only - $520

White Ceremony Arch with white or ivory fabric, top center rose floral arrangement + two small rose floral décor on center and two small rose floral décor on bottom sides + greenery around arch (as shown) - $715

So I copied this straight from the email. My wedding's on the Imagination out of Miami, so location and ship may affect what's available. The AWFY rep did say that they outsource to a local company that will come in the morning of the wedding and set up.

The hanging crystals and orchid and branch decor that you see in one of the pictures I posted earlier are extra. I asked today for a price quote for the crystals and am waiting for an answer back. I also asked for a price quote on teal fabric if I want something other than white or ivory. And I asked if I could order the plain fabric arch and bring in my own floral arrangements or crystals. She said no. The complete arch with decor has to be ordered through them.

If I decide to order any of these upgrades, payment is due in full 2 weeks before the wedding.

For clarification, in my first post about this, I said that I spoke with Carnival. I did call them and ask about altar and canopy options, and the woman wanted to send me their hors d'oevres and carving station menu and price list. I don't know how one sounded that much like the other. But we did eventually get on the same page, and she said that I should call A Wedding For You.

One thing about AWFY, they have been extremely responsive since I first started asking for this information earlier this week. I think I called for prices on Wednesday or Thursday and got them before noon today. And the rep responded very quickly to a follow-up email before leaving the office today.

That's all I can think of for now. When I get more information/price info or if I think of anything else, I'll let you ladies know.

Good night!

Thanks Twin A! This is very helpful and good to know. I too am getting married at the port of Miami as well.

You're welcome! Are you getting married on the Imagination? If so, I have pictures I can share of the different ceremony sites. I haven't been able to do a ship tour yet, so I asked Carnival for some images.

You're welcome! Are you getting married on the Imagination? If so, I have pictures I can share of the different ceremony sites. I haven't been able to do a ship tour yet, so I asked Carnival for some images.

No, I'm actually getting married on the Breeze. I appreciate the offer though! :-)

I do have prices. They don't seem to have a formal price list. The rep (I think from AWFY) just sent me some photos in an email with some descriptions and prices. So after I match the photos with the prices I'll update you all!

I just hopped in the bed and had to get one last CC fix before going to sleep. But I'll write back in the morning.

Wow. Thanks so much for posting this info Twin A. The prices seem resonable, although I wish one could have a selection of textiles from which to select.

My daughter was just married on a carnival cruise in the library. She went with a beach theme. She has two horses and I spent more time brushing the dirt off the horse shoes than spray painting them gold and gluing the shells on them. The candles are batteries operated. Her sister made her flowers arrangements from silk flowers and real shells. The gold angels are our Christmas stocking holder that we have used for many years. My daughter dress cost only $400 from Brides against Breast Cancer. http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/index.php/about/ I used a foldable office depot crate ($29) to carry the items on to the ship. I did have to take items out of the crate and fold the crate up to get through the security belt. You cannot bring any real flowers on to the ship or take any real flowers off the ship. I will try to post some pictures.

Thank you Jean A for sharing this info from your daughters wedding. Both you and your daughter did a great job dressing up the locations with the decor.

The foldable crate is a great idea for other brides. I carried all of my items in boxes and bags. I wish I thought of bringing one of those roller carriers with bungee cords.

My wedding is also through TWE, and after seeing this post, I contacted them to see what their alternative options were. Their response to me was "I hope that this email finds you well. We do not offer alternative décor for the ceremony set up. Please contact Carnival for a photo of the set up that they provide. You can choose to not use the set up if you wish to." I've sent an email to Carnival but am still waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what I hear back from Carnival!

Thanks Abbie! I find it ridiculous for one company to offer it and not the other. They are clearly using the same type of venues (carnival ships) that are capable of allowing those items on and for them to be set up. If this is the case, Carnival should allow us to choose which company to go with since they do business with both.

My wedding is also through TWE, and after seeing this post, I contacted them to see what their alternative options were. Their response to me was "I hope that this email finds you well. We do not offer alternative décor for the ceremony set up. Please contact Carnival for a photo of the set up that they provide. You can choose to not use the set up if you wish to." I've sent an email to Carnival but am still waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what I hear back from Carnival!

So after reading some of these posts I went back through my paperwork and emails. Looks like I'm with TWE and not AWFY. The emails that I've received have TWE in the signature; and some forms I've gotten mention TWE.

When I called Carnival for ceremony decor options, the woman I spoke with told me to call AWFY and gave me the phone number. But that number is for TWE. This was also the same woman who wanted to email me the hors d'oeuvres menu when I asked for ceremony decor, so my guess is she was a bit confused. :confused:

But now I wonder why TWE told you they couldn't provide you with other options. Is it because of your ship? Or maybe they thought you were asking for alternative options that were included in the package price. Maybe phrase it as upgrades for ceremony decor...?

I'm getting married in Port Canaveral. What about you? What I sent her was "I was curious if you have alternatives to the columns that are usually done at the front of the ceremony site. I would be interested in looking at what is normally provided vs other options you have available and the pricing of those alternatives." And she sent me what I copied above. Since I typed it, it doesn't seem confusing to me, but what about you guys? Now I'm REALLY curious to see what Carnival sends back to me... Who did you speak with? My contact at TWE is Raven.

I'm getting married in Port Canaveral. What about you? What I sent her was "I was curious if you have alternatives to the columns that are usually done at the front of the ceremony site. I would be interested in looking at what is normally provided vs other options you have available and the pricing of those alternatives." And she sent me what I copied above. Since I typed it, it doesn't seem confusing to me, but what about you guys? Now I'm REALLY curious to see what Carnival sends back to me... Who did you speak with? My contact at TWE is Raven.

Wow. Ok. Yes - your email is perfectly clear to me. And my contact at TWE is Raven,too.

I'm getting married in Miami; maybe the port makes the difference? Raven did say an outside vendor comes in to setup. Maybe they don't have that arrangement at Port Canaveral...?

Archived