Overnight port at end of cruise - disembarking early?

cavcmy

I posted this on the ports board but thought I'd give it a shot here too. Our ship overnights in Venice with disembarkation to begin at 9am the 2nd day. I am looking at flights back to Texas and am wondering how early we can get off to catch a flight. Since we are overnighting, can we walk off with our own luggage as early as 4:30am to catch a 7:40am flight? Or do we have to wait for official disembarkation at 9am?

Thanks for your help.

Carley

I posted this on the ports board but thought I'd give it a shot here too. Our ship overnights in Venice with disembarkation to begin at 9am the 2nd day. I am looking at flights back to Texas and am wondering how early we can get off to catch a flight. Since we are overnighting, can we walk off with our own luggage as early as 4:30am to catch a 7:40am flight? Or do we have to wait for official disembarkation at 9am?

Thanks for your help.

Carley

You can actually leave the day before if you want. Not a problem leaving at 4:00.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old post, but just seeing if anything was confirmed regarding early disembarkation in Venice when overnighting there. We, too, are on NCL Spirit arriving Venice 2pm but hoping to disembark early the following morning (actual day of disembarkation). Our itinerary says 9am arrival in Venice with disembarkation to begin 2 hours after docking - which makes no sense since we arrived 2pm the previous day. I am assuming the 9am is the "you better be off the ship so we can get it ready" time.

What is the earliest on disembarkation day we can disembark? Looking to take the train to Milan. (Yes, we have plans to return to Venice later when the kiddos are older - so we will focus on Venice on arrival day at 2pm only this time)

Many thanks in advance for any insight! :)

I know this is an old post, but just seeing if anything was confirmed regarding early disembarkation in Venice when overnighting there. We, too, are on NCL Spirit arriving Venice 2pm but hoping to disembark early the following morning (actual day of disembarkation). Our itinerary says 9am arrival in Venice with disembarkation to begin 2 hours after docking - which makes no sense since we arrived 2pm the previous day. I am assuming the 9am is the "you better be off the ship so we can get it ready" time.

What is the earliest on disembarkation day we can disembark? Looking to take the train to Milan. (Yes, we have plans to return to Venice later when the kiddos are older - so we will focus on Venice on arrival day at 2pm only this time)

Many thanks in advance for any insight! :)

It will depend on what time immigration is finished and when customs officials are ready for disembarking passengers.

It will depend on what time immigration is finished and when customs officials are ready for disembarking passengers.

Yes, I knew that much from previous cruises. Just curious how it worked for previous cruisers overnighting as some posts I have read here and there say early disembarkation is possible when the ship is overnighting in the port. This is our first time to disembark from a cruise after overnighting in the last port of call. I noticed the original poster was asking about a 4:30am disembarkation, although we are just looking for something like 7:00ish (not the 9:00 plus wait 2 hours.... since the ship comes in port at 2:00 the previous day and we already get to explore Venice at that time)

Got my answer on disembarkation by calling NCL directly just now:

After putting me on hold to verify, yes, according to the NCL rep I spoke with just now on the phone, after the ship has been cleared when arriving in Venice (the 2:00 pm arrival time) we can disembark at any time after that. Essentially, a 24-hour disembarkation since the ship has been cleared. An early morning disembarkation the day after we overnight in Venice is no problem because the ship was cleared the previous day. (Now to hope both she and the person she checked with while placing me on hold are correct.)

Hi MandyGirl, I am original poster; thanks for the update. We couldn't get our flights out of Venice worked out anyway so decided to take train to Milan, spend night, and fly out early next morning. We were able to get mileage seats out of Milan without any problems whereas we couldnt out of Venice. When are you sailing? We go September/October. I would appreciate it if you would keep me posted on your experience taking the train. Do you plan to walk from People Mover to St Lucia/Central train station over the bridge, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Carley

Hi MandyGirl, I am original poster; thanks for the update. We couldn't get our flights out of Venice worked out anyway so decided to take train to Milan, spend night, and fly out early next morning. We were able to get mileage seats out of Milan without any problems whereas we couldnt out of Venice. When are you sailing? We go September/October. I would appreciate it if you would keep me posted on your experience taking the train. Do you plan to walk from People Mover to St Lucia/Central train station over the bridge, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Carley

Hey Carley! I was hoping you'd see this post. :) We are the June 4 NCL Spirit sailing. Similar scenario -- early train to Milan, have Last Supper tickets that afternoon, spend one night, then late flight out. We found a great deal on Iceland Air, so are doing a stopover there although we had enough points to fly home. (Now I've booked another transatlantic cruise for 2014... LOL) But yes - people mover and across the bridge to the train station I believe. Need to nail that portion down. BTW - if doing Last Supper, definitely be online when they go on sale. If your timeslot you are hoping for sells out, call them directly when their offices open - and keep in mind the timechange. I set my alarm last night for 1am to book tickets after online had limited availability just an hour after going on sale -- all the vendors secure the tickets to roll into their pricey tours.

BTW -- does it seem like disembarkation went as the NCL rep shared with me on the phone today? Pretty much everyone *off* the ship by 9am?

Archived