Norwegian announces another NEW ship! Breakaway Plus...

jame_g

From the Norwegian Facebook Page:

Norwegian Cruise Line

BREAKING NEWS! We just ordered another amazing ship from MEYER WERFT – with option for a second! The first “Breakaway Plus” ship will be delivered in October 2015, weigh in at 163,000 gross tons and have approximately 4,200 passenger berths. “Breakaway Plus” ships will be larger than our Breakaway class ships, currently under construction, and incorporate many of those vessels’ unique design elements and innovations. Click LIKE to help us celebrate this exciting announcement, the growth of our incredible fleet and as always, stay tuned for more exciting announcements!

Any idea where the Breakaway Plus will be homeporting? I'm not overly excited about doing a Caribbean cruise from New York where the Breakaway sails. Seems that in winter when the beach idea is most appealing that the ship will be sailing in the cold. Not sure what one can even do with a sea day like that or how many sea days before you get to warm water. Anyway, all this to say that the ship sounds appealing. Hopefully it home ports somewhere interesting AND WARM! Like maybe New Orleans or Galvaston.

For a cruise line that sails year round out of New York, NCL needs a ship with an indoor pool solarium like RCI or a retractable roof over the pool deck like HAL.

Agreed. I would love to go on the ship, but won't waste money on a cruise out of NY. Hopefully this will homeport in Florida.

For a cruise line that sails year round out of New York, NCL needs a ship with an indoor pool solarium like RCI or a retractable roof over the pool deck like HAL.

No kidding! It stuns me that NCL would not have considered that when it realized it was intent on choosing NYC as the home port. Not to be mean, but I am wondering if The Breakaway ship designer was the same one who did the wavy cabins on the Epic:)

Archived