Wedding Programs

indyabs

Been there, done that, but thanks. Most of them I looked at didn't have pictures or the pictures weren't big enough to make out their wording. I figured I'd start another one to see if any more current brides had any comments, suggestions, or had found helpful links to templates, etc.

Hello!

You are getting married on the same ship as me i was wondering if i could ask you some questions.

Did you choose dj? social host? paino?

WHich room have you requested to be married in?

Are you going to have a dinner the night before the wedding? If so where?

Thanks!

Megan

Hey Megan! I'll make sure to post a review because I think you're getting married after me if I remember correctly from a few of your other posts, and I know there's only a few Sensation wedding reviews out there since its refurbishment a few years ago!

We chose the DJ. We were between the DJ and the social host, but we wanted to make sure we were in the Kaleidoscope Disco, as we didn't like the look of the other rooms as much (I didn't want to have creepy statues in all of my reception pics like we would if we were in the Michaelangelo Lounge). I verified with my planner that we can still bring a CD of music we want played that may not be in the Top 40 at the time. It's actually kind of a relief to know we do not have to worry about providing music for the WHOLE reception. Yeah, it's only 90 minutes, but still, we'd have to make sure we kept a good flow of slow and fast, etc. We'll just bring a CD with songs for our entrance, our first dance, my father/daughter dance, and a few special ones we want thrown in between the Top 40 stuff.

We haven't put in a request for our ceremony room, but based off the number of people we plan to have (60-90), I believe we'll either been in the Fantasia Main Stage Lounge or the Plaza Aft Lounge. Are there even other locations on this ship? I know some ships have a conference room or a small chapel. I would definitely NOT want to get married in a conference room.

We're holding off on planning anything yet for dinner beforehand. I saw your post about places to go, but a few others had already thrown out my recommendation so I didn't reply. My fiance and I live in Orlando, make it out to Cocoa at least every other month, and LOVE Rusty's. That's always our first choice. It has such a great atmosphere, and their back deck is brand new and beautiful. Grills is awful, don't go there. I personally think Fishlips is overrated as far as food and pricing goes, but it can have a fun party atmosphere. I've never been to Milliken's Reef so I can't speak on that place. My understanding is it's a bit nicer of a place but still the same type of food. I've sent an email to the two people at Rusty's that handly large parties, but I have yet to hear back from them. It's been about a week, so I guess I should just call instead as I would've thought they'd reply to an inquiry about a party by now.

We live in Orlando, but most of our family and family friends are coming in from out of state. Because of the amount of people we expect to come in for it, I wouldn't feel right not inviting EVERYONE that's staying at the hotel (Comfort Inn and Suites Cocoa Beach) to come with us to dinner, but I don't want my soon to be in-laws to have to worry about feeding a bunch of people that wouldn't normally be at our "rehearsal dinner". My other issue is transportation. We'd have to hire a shuttle service, as I would never expect my guests to need to provide their own travel to a dinner we're hosting for them.

Sorry, that was probably WAY more information that you wanted to have, but I figure it never hurts to try and go into detail. :-)

When's your big day again? Are you going to do a walk-through? What kind of decor items were you thinking about bringing?

My esthetician at the spa I go to is actually getting married tomorrow (or it may have been last Friday) on the ship while it's docked in Nassau. If she sends me a link to her pictures instead of just showing me the hard copies, I'll forward it on to you so you can take a look!

I'm sure we'll go back and forth MANY more times in the coming months!

• 7 months later...

I created a booklet style wedding day timeline/program, then printed & will tie the middle with ribbon in our wedding color. It appears a bit out of order because it has to print as a booklet but when printed it all goes together perfectly.

Here is a link to the .pdf. If you'd like the word version you can email me & I will send that along as well. cassandra _ cole at hotmail dot com

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pi...it?usp=sharing

At what point are we in the clear to start designing/printing programs? Should we wait for this "final call" I've been hearing about? Is this when we hear back about the time of the ceremony and who the officiant will be? Or have most former brides just used the outline from the paperwork and crossed their fingers? :p

Most people wait til final call to complete them. In my situation, im bringing my own officiant & because of our # of guests (60 total) am 99% assured from Carnival of the lounge that will be used. Even so, you can get it ready & fill in details when you know for sure. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Archived