Free wine is back!

OceanDreaming2

Norwegian just posted a coupon on their Facebook page for a complimentary bottle of house wine for every 2 specialty dinners on embarkation night only.

58756_10151333119951414_1649069329_n.jpg

It came at just the right time. We leave tomorrow for NYC!

Thanks Norwegian Cruise Line!! :D

The fine print states it is embarkation night and in speciality restaurants.

Carnival does this no need for coupon.

"Carnival Does this" and you pay $75.00 per person, all the way thru a 7 course dinner, gagging on the food, and they have only one specialty restaurant and and only one pub, but they charge for you eating there.

On any NCL ship, there is a minimum of at least 13 different dining options, some costing no more than $10-25 dollars each. At least 7 are free and no one tells you what time to eat or with whom or what you have to wear to dinner.

So my friend, the difference between the two Cruise Lines is, well, Carnival has a lot of class, it's all Low but Carnival has a lot of it.

NCL is Free Style, A floating Resort. It's an entirely different class of service, style and substance on the seas.

There is a name for NCL......it's the NOW CRUISE LINE!!!!!!!!!!

If you sign into My NCL and go to dining options, pick a specialty restaurant and then More Details.... some of them offer the same thing with no coupon required. At least they do on my ship.

Note: Bundle East Meets West Steakhouse, Le Bistro and Il Adagio for an exclusive online cover charge.* Plus, dine on embarkation night and receive one free bottle of house wine.

:D

Weren't they recently doing the Speciality dine between 5:30 - 6:30pm and get a free bottle of wine, too?

Wonder if you can combine the two?

(okay, I admit, I'm a Cruise-Wino -- and I never drink on land!):cool:

Norwegian just posted a coupon on their Facebook page for a complimentary bottle of house wine for every 2 specialty dinners on embarkation night only.

58756_10151333119951414_1649069329_n.jpg

It came at just the right time. We leave tomorrow for NYC!

Thanks Norwegian Cruise Line!! :D

Have you tried the new house wines from Tisdale. Never thought I would say could I please have La Terre back :(

"Carnival Does this" and you pay $75.00 per person, all the way thru a 7 course dinner, gagging on the food, and they have only one specialty restaurant and and only one pub, but they charge for you eating there.

Thanks for clarifying this. I've never sailed Carnival, but have read plenty of comparisons of the line and NCL, so was surprised I'd never heard this.

So is the Carnival option you describe like the Chef's Table at NCL?

Weren't they recently doing the Speciality dine between 5:30 - 6:30pm and get a free bottle of wine, too?

Wonder if you can combine the two?

(okay, I admit, I'm a Cruise-Wino -- and I never drink on land!):cool:

We were on the Dawn in July and the special existed every night: Buy two cover charges AND dine at 5:30 or 6 p.m. Get a bottle of Tisdale Chardonnay or Merlot for free. If you didn't want the wine, you could order a bottle of the NCL list at a 20 percent savings. You could also take the wine back to your room or send it to another restaurant for another night.

We were on the Dawn in July and the special existed every night: Buy two cover charges AND dine at 5:30 or 6 p.m. Get a bottle of Tisdale Chardonnay or Merlot for free. If you didn't want the wine, you could order a bottle of the NCL list at a 20 percent savings. You could also take the wine back to your room or send it to another restaurant for another night.

Nice! Thanks!:D

On any NCL ship, there is a minimum of at least 13 different dining options, some costing no more than $10-25 dollars each. At least 7 are free and no one tells you what time to eat or with whom or what you have to wear to dinner.

So my friend, the difference between the two Cruise Lines is, well, Carnival has a lot of class, it's all Low but Carnival has a lot of it.

NCL is Free Style, A floating Resort. It's an entirely different class of service, style and substance on the seas.

Not correct. The $75 you are referring to is Chef's Table and that includes wine pairings with each course. Similiar to the Chef's Table offered on most other cruise lines, INCLUDING NCL.

I believe Jimmy was referring to the fact that Carnival routinely offers a free bottle of wine in their steakhouses during the first night of a cruise, no coupon needed. The charge to dine in the steakhouse is $35 pp.

Thanks for clarifying this. I've never sailed Carnival, but have read plenty of comparisons of the line and NCL, so was surprised I'd never heard this.

So is the Carnival option you describe like the Chef's Table at NCL?

Yes, we did the Chef's Table experience on the Dream, and while it was exciting and unique, it was a foodies nightmare! I mean that in a good way. I do not think that it ended up being worth the 75 pp charge after all was said and done as it was a "Two Bite" 7 course tasting, and after we were finished I ran up to the buffet as I was starving.

The Steakhouse on Carnival is $35.00 per person and that is $70 per couple and not as good as Cagney's on NCL which is ten dollars cheaper.

Not correct. The $75 you are referring to is Chef's Table and that includes wine pairings with each course. Similiar to the Chef's Table offered on most other cruise lines, INCLUDING NCL.

I believe Jimmy was referring to the fact that Carnival routinely offers a free bottle of wine in their steakhouses during the first night of a cruise, no coupon needed. The charge to dine in the steakhouse is $35 pp.

Forgive me for not clarifying the Chef's Table Experience which we have done on several lines, that is the point I was referring to, as wine is poured out profusely during that gastronomic session.

As far as the Steakhouse, yes, on the first night only, in Carnival's lone restaurant outside of the "structured" dining room, at $35 per person, you get a free bottle of red or white house wine.

And yes, before I get chastised again, you can opt for "anytime dining", in which our service was less that desired and our experiences were monumentally horrific on each of the last three Carnival sailings. This is precisely why we choose NCL over everyone else. NCL is a class act!

Nice! Thanks!:D

That specific offer has been discontinued. :(

I already have 2 dinners booked...but...I travel with a group (singles)

so this is NOT possible for us. Too hard to get everyone to change plans

plus lobster is first night

NCL seems to be pretty good about singles/solos...at least they have the studios/lounge on the new ships etc but not in this case

but...stuff like this is always a bummer. Carnival also has free wine the first

night at steakhouse...but...if you are in a group/single/solo you can't plan the first night with such spontaneous abandon. Our first night will be a time to meet/greet and such

oh well..at least we do have group perks which NCL is great about

You might want to check your facts before spreading misinformation

Carnival gives a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on embarkation night

steakhouse is $35 per person there.....NOT $75

You may have mixed it up with the Chef's Table

which is wine with a multicourse dinner for maximum 12 people, a real "foodie" experience

Now to me the real "difference" would be that Celebration....I would not sail on that if you paid me, it's an old sea ferry...they thought of that big "door" opening up where they can park cars...?? eeek

My friend was dating a guy who worked on Celebration so she went on it about 5 times....and then said "NO more" LOL

Not even for free

Carnival is not for everyone but it is still a mainstream cruise not like that 2 night ferry :eek:

Archived