Legend Review - 10/7-10/14

Tggrtoes

So... dessert... my favorite part of the meal. We were pretty full by this time. Our entrees were very nice size portions, so on top of the two starters (plus all our sides - oink oink), we were loading up. I so should have listened and avoided the bread, but it really was good. I'd probably eat two pieces of bread again in a heartbeat! :D (On a related note, I still lost 3 pounds on the cruise from all the walking, so I guess it couldn't be all bad! :rolleyes:)

The dessert options are: cheesecake w/hazelnut biscuit (this is the same version we had tried in the cooking demo, although MUCh larger). Seriously, we saw them bringing it out to the table next to us and it was WAY too big for even 2 people to share, IMO. 'Course, if it had been a chocolate cake that way, I might feel differently. :p Other option is Carmelized Apples in puff pastry and the chocolate sampler. They also had fruits and sherbert.

We both had the chocolate sampler. It's bittersweet chocolate cake, banana pannacotta, tiramisu and chocolate marquis. Turns out we ate them in the wrong order (the servers didn't tell us to eat them in a certain order), but I'm not sure it really mattered. You're supposed to start with the chocolate cake with the raspberry sauce. I didn't love the banana pannacotta, but I'm not a huge banana fan in recipes so that could just be a personal preference. there was a mango sorbet on top of that. It was okay. I enjoyed the tiramisu and the chocolate cake and marquis. There was a raspberry sauce in the chocolate cake. The sugar and chocolate garnishes were really fun and we enjoyed them.

P1000384-1.jpg

So the Steakhouse Head Chef came around to all the tables and spent a few minutes talking with each guest. This was a nice touch, and one we really appreciated (I may have mentioned that we missed having the dining room maitre'd come by our table sometime during the cruise.) Our servers also spent considerable time with us, especially at the end of the meal once their busier tasks were complete, and asking about us and details of our likes/dislikes of the menu. They told us about their steakhouse server training and how they get to be a guest for a night to try out the process, etc. Very nice getting to know more about them and how the process works!

Bottom line for the steakhouse. This is worth every penny... do it! :)

Archived