Searching for App

Prof Peg

Recently I saw a posting about apps like ShipMate and the new Carnival app. I have both on my iPhone but prefer the ShipMate app best. What I'm looking for now is an app for keeping the details of flights, hotels, cruises, etc. I've looked at some like TripIt and TripAssist. TripAssist seemed to be a pain trying to enter the info unless you have an account with Expedia. I haven't tried TripIt yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations; perhaps any that you've had experience with.

I havent heard of the new carnival app. Does any one have a direct link for it?? But i use cruise finder alot to track fares and i use kayak for flights and hotels.

It's called All Aboard Carnival. It's not a bad app, I just like ShipMate better, perhaps I'm just "used" to it.

But check out All Aboard Carnival.

It's called All Aboard Carnival. It's not a bad app, I just like ShipMate better, perhaps I'm just "used" to it.

But check out All Aboard Carnival.

Must not be for iPhones, I can't find anything like it on iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked iTunes and it told me that All Aboard is "not available in the U.S. store." I guess I'll stick with ShipMate.

As for the travel app, I'm using TripIt and it's not bad. Very tedious putting all the numbers and confirmations, etc. in to the program. But it's worth it when you're finally finished.

Just checked iTunes and it told me that All Aboard is "not available in the U.S. store." I guess I'll stick with ShipMate.

Interesting... I have All Aboard on my iPhone, but I just looked at the App Store and it isn't there.

You're not missing much. It's not from Carnival. It is from a third party called Appster. Shipmate is better.

As far as travel apps, I use TripIt and it works well. With TripIt and most other travel apps you can forward your confirmation e-mail from major airlines, hotels, car rental companies, etc. to a special e-mail address and the info will be added to your itinerary automatically. For TripIt the e-mail address is plans@tripit.com and the e-mail has to come from whatever e-mail address you used to sign up for a TripIt account.

I also have another travel program that is supported by my employer's travel group, but I can't remember the name right now and my phone is upstairs. I forwarded my Carnival itinerary confirmation e-mail to both of these and one of them picked it up properly and the other required manual editing. I can check later to see which it was.

All Aboard search gives me a train whistle lol. And yes I did download it so I could play with it haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love TripIt for all of my travel arrangements, whether they be land-based or cruise-based. You can keep all the information you need for your trip--including things like whom you spoke with or websites that you used in booking, as well as keeping track of how much the vacation is going to cost you.

I use Trip It. One of the nice features is you can email them your reservations (including ones with PDFs attached) and it will automatically import all of the important information for you. I've emailed car, hotel, cruiseline, and airline information... both from travel agents, travel websites (such as expedia) and the company itself.

I use Trip It. One of the nice features is you can email them your reservations (including ones with PDFs attached) and it will automatically import all of the important information for you. I've emailed car, hotel, cruiseline, and airline information... both from travel agents, travel websites (such as expedia) and the company itself.

That's like taking a leap of faith...if I send them this email, it will magically turn my trip into a visual "thing" on TripIt. Well, by gosh, I'm going to try it. Wish me luck!!!

That's like taking a leap of faith...if I send them this email, it will magically turn my trip into a visual "thing" on TripIt. Well, by gosh, I'm going to try it. Wish me luck!!!

I have all my info for my Nov cruise in TripIt. The email featured works pretty good. I shot them my email from Carnival and all the info was put in for me.

I really like the app

Archived