Baltimore hotel near port and camden yards

SugarStar00

We are driving from CT April 2013 and were thinking about arriving a day early and catching a game at Camden Yards, (looks like they will be home that weekend.) I'm also looking for a hotel that offers free parking for the duration of the cruise. I'd like something that might be walking distance from the ballpark so we can just park at the hotel and not worry about traffic there. If the hotel offered a shuttle service to the port that would be a bonus, but maybe someone can tell me how much a taxi would cost from the ballpark area to the port.

Thanks

We are driving from CT April 2013 and were thinking about arriving a day early and catching a game at Camden Yards, (looks like they will be home that weekend.) I'm also looking for a hotel that offers free parking for the duration of the cruise. I'd like something that might be walking distance from the ballpark so we can just park at the hotel and not worry about traffic there. If the hotel offered a shuttle service to the port that would be a bonus, but maybe someone can tell me how much a taxi would cost from the ballpark area to the port.

Thanks

The closest hotel to the ballpark is the Hilton, it's right across the street. Most hotels in downtown do not have free parking unless you book a cruise parking package (if offered). Other hotels within a few blocks of the ballpark are: Hampton Inn, Marriott, and a Holiday Inn. There are a few other hotels closer to the Inner Harbor which would still be walking distance to the ballpark. Shuttles from hotels to the cruiseport are usually not complimentary but can be arranged for.

All of these hotels are about 10-55 minutes by taxi from the cruise port. It has been a little while since I was last in Baltimore and I think I have heard that taxi fares to the port are a flat rate fee to the port.

The Sheraton Inner Harbor is just two blocks from Camden Yards. But no free parking while you're staying at the hotel, let alone while you're away on your cruise.

If I recall correctly, a taxi from the Inner Harbor/Camden Yards area will run you about $12-$15 plus tip.

(I may be wrong, but I highly doubt that any hotels in downtown Baltimore offer free parking at any time. But possibly one or more of the hotels at BWI do? Frankly, it would be much more convenient, and safer, to park your car in the cruise terminal lot. The rate is $15 per day.)

I would take a look at a hotel near the airport. The Light Rail goes from the airport to Camden Yards where the Orioles play. I always take the Light Rail to the ballpark...

There are hotels near BWI that also do Park and cruise packages if you want.

Buy your tickets early. A LOT more people have been going to the games since the O's got better!

Aloha,

John

I would take a look at a hotel near the airport. The Light Rail goes from the airport to Camden Yards where the Orioles play. I always take the Light Rail to the ballpark...

There are hotels near BWI that also do Park and cruise packages if you want.

Buy your tickets early. A LOT more people have been going to the games since the O's got better!

Aloha,

John

This is also a great suggestion. :)

Parking anywhere downtown will cost you an arm & a leg, and most of the hotels are valet parking. I would stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Airport. Book the 'Park & Cruise' package, which is shown under the PACKAGES link on their website > http://sn.im/sleepinnbwi . That includes a shuttle to & from the port & parking at the hotel. This hotel is also located right beside the North Linthicum light rail station > http://ow.ly/eEbOm . (You can see the hotel, it's the building in the background of the pic. posted on that site.) You can take the Light rail downtown & it drops you off right beside the ballpark at Camden Yards.

Parking anywhere downtown will cost you an arm & a leg, and most of the hotels are valet parking. I would stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Airport. Book the 'Park & Cruise' package, which is shown under the PACKAGES link on their website > http://sn.im/sleepinnbwi . That includes a shuttle to & from the port & parking at the hotel. This hotel is also located right beside the North Linthicum light rail station > http://ow.ly/eEbOm . (You can see the hotel, it's the building in the background of the pic. posted on that site.) You can take the Light rail downtown & it drops you off right beside the ballpark at Camden Yards.

thanks for the detailed info!

Archived