Steakhouse on Pride- few questions

SugarStar00

Sorry another steakhouse thread, but I searched and couldn't find my answers.

Are you allowed to order more than one appetizer or entree like in the MDR?

Is it guaranteed they will provide a free bottle of wine if you book the first night?

Is the steakhouse usually full, moderate or empty? I hate being the only ones in the dining room.

Thanks so much

My last cruise on the Pride was January of 2011, so things may have changed. For $30 ($35 now), you get one soup, one appetizer, one salad, one entree and one desert. You are limited to one entree, but the appetizer, soup, salad and desert are all inter-changeable, which means you can have four appetizers and one entree or four deserts and one entree. The one entree is a constant, everything else can be switched for something else. You get free bottle of wine the first night, which during my trip has about four tables on the second level. Don't know how many table on the first level.

just sailed in August, went to the steakhouse, u can get 2 appetizers either a salad and other or 2 of whatever u want , no problem. Free bottle of wine on first night, yes we had it. Took rest of wine back to the room. I personally not go again even with the free bottle of wine every night. Thought the prime rib and lobster and a few others in the main dining room were better. I might try the chefs table next time. By the time u add tax to the $35 per person i could go to a very nice rest at home. U can take your dessert back to your room, we did but no one ate it. We were the only ones there on the first night maybe one other couple. Did love the little chef mini appetizers they bring out. We had a tomato soup, and a mini burger. Had to share the minis , lol.

The wine is not a guarantee but I haven't heard of anyone not getting it.

Pride has a nice size area and the tables are not close together as I've heard is a problem with some of the other steak houses. This time we cruise it will just be the two of us and I'm interested where we will be seated. We were a group of six last time and both nights we ate there we had great seating, except it was weird on the first night I think we were seated at a table for 10.

You have to pay if you get more than one entree, but you can switch out on other things. I don't think I was able to finish even half of my meal. The cheesecake they serve could feed a family of four...all by itself.

I think it's worth it for $35pp. It's a much, much nicer atmosphere than the dining room and we were treated like royalty. Some who have cruised for many years will say that's how the MDR used to be, back in the day. Wish we could have seen that.

Archived