car parking options for Port of Miami?

can'twaittogoagain

Premier Parking they have a website you book at ahead of time, only $8.00 a day, 1 mile from port they have a free shuttle that takes you and picks you upon return.

Thanks - I had never heard of this before! We may just use this service in April!

Edit - I read on their website that they are 1 mile from the Port. http://premierparkingusa.com/cruise-parking/port-of-miami

Edited by eiffeltower07
Answered my own question

If anyone cruising in your party has a handicap plaque, plate or permit, Port of Miami waives all parking fees when presented at the payment booth with proof of sailing and photo id. It isn't something advertised and if you don't know it they aren't going to tell you about it. But let me tell you it was nice knowing when we got back from out 14 day cruise there were no fees to pay to get the car out :)

If anyone cruising in your party has a handicap plaque, plate or permit, Port of Miami waives all parking fees when presented at the payment booth with proof of sailing and photo id. It isn't something advertised and if you don't know it they aren't going to tell you about it. But let me tell you it was nice knowing when we got back from out 14 day cruise there were no fees to pay to get the car out :)

I seen this our POM website and thought that was great. Question though do u have to park in a handicap spot or can you park in any spot. Hubby does have a plaque so we don't have a problem there, but was just wondering if they have alot of handicap spots or you can park anywhere with your plaque.

we just went on a cruise and used the handicap deal but make sure you have the doctor paper with you not just sign:)

I didn't have to, actually my daughter picked up the car went through the line with the sign, my drivers license, the registration for the sign, my cruise pass and me standing on the curb waving to the guy in the toll booth. nothing at all regarding a doctors note. the site itself doesn't even mention one..

Parking for Disabled Persons

Disabled parking at PortMiami is free. However, in order to waive parking fees, appropriate documentation must be provided to the Toll Attendant upon exiting the parking facility.

Required documentation

State Issued Driver's License/I.D. Card or U.S. Passport

Original Parking Sales Receipt/Parking Ticket Stub (No Copies)

Authentic Disability Placard/Permanent Disability License Plate

Proof of Sailing (Sailing Card or Original Purchased Ticket Issued from the Cruise Line)

Letter/Card from Department of Motor Vehicles signifying to whom the Disability Placard is assigned (Applies to states that do not have a driver's license number on placard)

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

I seen this our POM website and thought that was great. Question though do u have to park in a handicap spot or can you park in any spot. Hubby does have a plaque so we don't have a problem there, but was just wondering if they have alot of handicap spots or you can park anywhere with your plaque.

you can park anywhere with it. daughter parked in the covered parking right across from the entrance after dropping me off at the door.

How close is the parking to the terminal. Hubby has alot of trouble walking and won't have a scooter till we get on the ship. So I was wondering how long of a walk it is to get from the parking to the terminal. Or do they have some wheelchairs at the parking garage?

How close is the parking to the terminal. Hubby has alot of trouble walking and won't have a scooter till we get on the ship. So I was wondering how long of a walk it is to get from the parking to the terminal. Or do they have some wheelchairs at the parking garage?

It's across the street and down a little ways. I'm pretty sure there are no convenient elevators at the parking garage to the terminal. Your best option would be to drop off any luggage and passengers who can't walk far, and then have an able body go park the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a few years, but all the handicap[ped spaces were full when we arrived so we parked in a non-handicapped space with no issues.

As I recall from my last cruise aboard the Epic, I parked in the C lot at the port, and when I returned I had to pay at the kiosk on the first floor. Scan the stub and my credit card. Maybe I'm confused, but I don't remember seeing a real human being....did I miss something?

• 1 month later...

On Saturday there are 19,070 passengers arriving for cruises.

Is there enough parking at the port or is it highly suggested to us one of the off-site lots. Thank you,

As I recall from my last cruise aboard the Epic, I parked in the C lot at the port, and when I returned I had to pay at the kiosk on the first floor. Scan the stub and my credit card. Maybe I'm confused, but I don't remember seeing a real human being....did I miss something?

• 10 months later...

Just an update regarding handicapped parking at POM:

For Disabled Persons

Notice to Disabled Parking Patrons (Effective November 16, 2013 at 1201 A.M.)

Based on Ordinance 13-104 That Amends Section 30-338.2 of the Miami–Dade County Code;

Public parking charges WILL APPLY to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.

I used Premier Parking in September, they forgot to pick us up even after repeated calls to them....we got back to the lot via taxi, at an additional fee of course.....

I called when I got home and a rude person told me that the pick up was complementary.....really???????

Then I got a survey which I honestly filled out......I received a phone call, apparently I was not the only complaint that day.....the person I spoke with was very nice apologized profusely and assured me that an experience like that would never happen again......

I will try them again, it was very smooth up til the ride back to the lot....LOL

STAY AWAY FROM PREMIER PARKING MIAMI

This is the worst outfit I have ever delt with, I waited in line in the road for over an hour, you have to leave your keys with them and on return I caught a taxi after waiting over an hour for the shuttle,, I booked in advance for two cars and they turned my friends away even though I had paid for them in full, they went to the terminal and spent $180.00..

Also while I was picking up my car on return it was completely boxed in and there were customers there that were waiting for locksmiths, not my idea of starting off or finishing up a vacation, or probably yours ?

Amazing lot and people...it's literally across bridge from port. I've used them three times...about to be four times...and have never had a single problem. $6 a day. No shuttle but we caught a cab at the corner and the fare was $5! Huge savings and very trustworthy!