shopping and beach

I know we would like to take our kids to Orient beach in the morning and then maybe taxi over to some shopping for the afternoon. I am just not sure how far of a ride it would be from Orient beach to Marigot. I hear there are nice shops in Marigot. We are not shoppong for anything particular just want to see a bit of the island.

Hi there!

A Taxi ride over to Orient Beach will take about 25 minutes or so. I would say if you wanted to do this in the morning and then taxi back over to Philipsburg for shopping in the afternoon you will have plenty of time for both. There is a lot available at Orient Beach including plenty of places to eat, chairs to rent, etc. Part of the beach is clothing optional which I'm sure you already know!

Another option which would be to take the Water Taxi over to Philipsburg and rent a couple chairs and umbrella at the beach right next to the pier, do some shopping on Front and Back Streets and then head over to your rented cahirs and umbrella at the beach.

Either way, you will enjoy St. Maarten!

Soleil

Archived