Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

homegirl04

Hi,

I am cruising on the Valor in January. I was wondering what are the best things to do in the cayman islands? Does anyone have a company they use to book shore excursions? (I'm trying to avoid high ship prices) Any information is appreciated, thank you in advance :)

Hi,

I am cruising on the Valor in January. I was wondering what are the best things to do in the cayman islands? Does anyone have a company they use to book shore excursions? (I'm trying to avoid high ship prices) Any information is appreciated, thank you in advance :)

Moby Dicks if you want to do stingray city or what we do is just take a $5pp taxi to Calico Jacks beach bar on 7 mile beach and rent two chairs and an umbrella for $20.The foods good,clean bathrooms and always taxis waiting to take you back to the ship(just wait until they are almost full or you may sit in the van for 45 minutes)

Do you have the name of the company you used to swim with the stingrays?

We have chosen to use Carnival excursions each time...just a personal choice of ours. There are numerous excursions through Carnival..the cheapest one being $49.95 pp which is reasonable considering the excursion lasts several hours.

When we got into Grand Cayman, we walked across the street in front of the shops where the local tour vans were and went in with three other couples for an almost 4 hour tour. We went to Hell, the Post Office where we mailed postcards to family and friends, saw the oldest house, we went to where you swim with the dolphins, the Rum Factory, stopped at the beach and some shops and I can't remember what else. The cost was $40 per couple and we all enjoyed the tour.

I would recommend Moby Dick Tours to swim with the stingrays. We used them in 2010 and we saw the Carnival tour get to the area dn there was lots of people there. Our guides took us snorkeling and we went to the stingrays when the majority of the people had left. I'm not a fan of the stingrays but my wife loved them and we would book with Moby Dick again.

I personally LOVE NativeWay. I have used the four times. I book the Rays/Reefs/Rumpoint excursion. They take you to Stingray City, then snorkeling and then to Rumpoint beach to relax. The beach is beautiful. It includes lunch. I have also done it in January. Great excursion!!!!

Snorkel the Wreck of the Cali. It's right off shore and it's free! I believe they sell this tour on the ship, but there's no reason to pay. You can just swim out from shore. It's a short walk north of Royal Watler terminal. You can go in the water from the area where they sell fish, but it's better if you walk up a little further to Rackhams Bar.

Here's a video.

Enjoy!

http://idiveglobal.com/locations/wreck-of-the-call/

we took a public bus to HELL :p , I think it was $2.50 pp We stopped there, then our bus driver pointed out a few places on our return trip. Also you can take the bus to 7 mile beach.

Where did you catch the bus?

How long does it take to get to Hell?

How long is it between buses?

What was the bus #?

This is what we are thinking we want to do.

Thanks JCF

Archived