Anyone used Belize Cruise Excursions lately?

texanslovetotravel

My family and i are sailing on the Magic in November. Really want to go to Lamanai but Carnival doesn't offer excursion there. Very concerned about the lenght of the Belize Cruise Excursion tour to Lamanai and getting back to the Magic in time. I contacted BCE to dicuss my concern. Got a respnse from Island Marketing (parent company?) saying that they had never had a tourist on ANY of their tour in ANY port miss their ship. Don't know about the veracity of their statement. The tour looks awesome, but i am still anxious and undecided

I'm not sure if they are associated with Island Marketing. We toured with them several months ago. They are very aware of the time throughout the day. Lamanai is AMAZING! There are so few people who will make the trek up the river to the site. From the top of the one temple - you are actually overlooking the jungle canopy - once in a lifetime experience. 30+ cruises and this is definately top 5 on our excursion list.

Just a tip - if you book it, be committed to having a great experience and not watching the clock and worrying the whole day. The people with us were sooo nervous - I don't think they even enjoyed this incredible site. They were so worried about the time that they didn't even climb the temple and were upset that we did. I can't imagine missing that. I'm deathly afraid of heights - don't even climb step ladders - so I definately had to force myself. It is so amazing to be able to visit such an unspoiled place - make sure you really treasure it. We were back with 40 minutes to spare and that included a stop for a sit-down lunch. I'm sure they cut that time down or skip it if necessary. They have never been late getting a passenger back to the ship.

We tried to book an excursion with them but it is not possible to reach them by phone??? Where are they? The chat is not available most of the time. What made us afraid is their terms>

Canceling an Excursion

Deposits are not refunded due to client cancellations. Deposits are kept on credit to be used for a period of 1 year from deposit payment date to be used in any of our serviced Ports for future reservation deposits.

Cancellations are honored two weeks prior to your reserved excursion Deposits are non-refundable for the exception of reserved Client's Ship not calling port (not applicable if the arriving Ship has changed arrival date, in which case the reserved excursion is organized to reflect the correct arrival, and the tour has been reorganized for the correct arrival date) or an inclement weather cancellation by Guides.

Cancellations with 14 days or more notice must be submitted in writing by replying to the original E-Mail Confirmation sent to the reserved party e-mail address. If cancellations are not received 14 days or more prior to the reserved excursion the full charge for the excursion will be charged on the "Purchaser" credit card. Cancellations due to "illness" at time of excursion require a certified medical certificate from your Ship's doctor in order to deviate a full balance charge for missing the reserved excursion. The doctor's certificate can be faxed to our office or presented at time of excursion by participating group members.

...we decided to book with another company.

Belize Cruise Excursions is Island Marketing. We have used them in many ports, there is Grand Cayman Cruise excursions, Cozumel etc etc.

We did Lamanai with them and it was amazing. #1travel mom is so right. The only problem we had was one couple in our group who was trying to insight panic by saying we were going to miss the ship and really we were back in plenty of time. No we didn't have time to shop in the port but I wasn't there to shop in the port, I wanted to see Belize and the Lamanai.

Part of the tour is a boat ride, which was a nice addition, you see crocodiles, at least we did and at the ruins we saw howler monkeys sleeping way up in the trees.

The ruins are incredible and the guide did a great job explaining about the Mayans and the site.

I had the same question about the terms and from what I understand, they are in place so that people don't book seats and then change there minds at the last minute. They have limited space and don't want to turn people away, only to have people cancel.

BTW, when our ship didn't go into Cayman, we were refunded for the deposit we paid, all you have to do is email to let them know.

I would recommend using them, we've been happy with the experience we have had using Island Marketing

Archived