Oosterdam hair dryer Sup Suite

magandab

Can anyone who has sailed in a Superior Suite on the Oosterdam RECENTLY tell me what kind of hair dryer was in the cabin, where it was, and whether it was hard-wired? Last time we were on her it was permanently wired into a drawer which didn't work for me at all. Trying to pack light(er) if possible.

Hard to say.

Originally all the hair dryers were attached in the bottom drawer. But as they break down they are being replaced with portable ones that you can use anywhere in the cabin where there is an outlet.

I know this because we sailed on a ship and a year later we sailed on the same ship in the same cabin and the hair dryer had been replaced.

Can anyone who has sailed in a Superior Suite on the Oosterdam RECENTLY tell me what kind of hair dryer was in the cabin, where it was, and whether it was hard-wired? Last time we were on her it was permanently wired into a drawer which didn't work for me at all. Trying to pack light(er) if possible.

Hasn't change in location and yes it is hard wired. Sorry to say you will have to bring your own dryer if that doesn't work for you. I know I do.

Thanks to both of you. Sounds like I can't rely on mine being one that has been replaced, so will definitely take my travel size. I am pretty tall and can't dry my hair sitting down, and the cord is too low/too short for me to use it standing up.

Thanks to both of you. Sounds like I can't rely on mine being one that has been replaced, so will definitely take my travel size. I am pretty tall and can't dry my hair sitting down, and the cord is too low/too short for me to use it standing up.

On my first cruise I did not take a dryer. That was a BIG mistake. I have one now that I use only for traveling. It is very light weight. Also, I take along an extension cord so that I have room to move around if needed. Of course I always unplug it all after using. You may want to try that.

Archived