Tell me about cave tubing

packedandready

Looking at a cave tubing/aerial trek combo through RCCL. We've ziplined a couple of times and really enjoyed it so understand that. We've been river tubing and seen a couple of caves (just not together).

What makes cave tubing a "must do" for you? Is it something special or is it something special only if you've never been inside a cave? thanks

For us, it was the "Belize" experience. All of the information they provided to us during the walk to the caves where very fascinating...a way of life for them when needed. Our tour guide was so informative with everything about the island. If it wasn't for that, it probably would have just been a regular walk in the woods and ride down the river type of trip.

Here is a detailed review that I did of cavetubing with .bz last September.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

Once you read that, you will understand what I'm talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Cave Tubing in Belize is a unique experience as it is the only place in the world where cave tubing can be done! Just make sure you have a great touring company as they can make your tubing experience a real adventure. As for us, we were not pleased with our choice--Cave Tubing R Us. Although they provided us with the luxurious inner tubes that link together, they rushed us through the rainforest with no narration and did not point out interesting sites along the way. Lunch was not included but they normally stop at a local restaurant. When we asked to stop there, we were told we didn't have enough time. We were not able to go through all three caves and bottled water was only offered during the last 20 minutes of the drive back. Our cave tubing experience from start to finish was 5.5 hours, yet we felt we did not get to experience this excursion to the fullest the way others had.

I have written a detailed review with photos of our cave tubing experience. You can read it all here from post #9-#15: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698188

I am claustrophobic and generally don't like caves for that reason. My DH really wants me to do the cave tubing with him. My question is: How long are you in the caves when you can't see daylight? 10 minutes or more like 30 minutes? And what would you estimate is the smallest passage you tube through?

• 2 weeks later...

Our tour guide spent the hour bus trip telling us the history of Belize and pointing out cool things along the way. There is a nice hike to the cave and then you get in the water and they are explaining things the whole time.

I've done caves, and tubes but never together - it's just a different experience that you should try at least once.

Archived