Question for Celebrity Pros

lucyd

I am contemplating a Celebrity cruise for Summer 2013. I have sailed HAL and Princess and am excited to try Celebrity - I have heard the room service menus differ according to cabin type. Can someone elaborate on the difference in room service meal options between CC, SkySuite and AQ.

I understand that Sky Suite comes with additional snack options for afternoons but what about is the difference in room service menu options for breakfast and dinner between Sky Suite, CC and AQ.

Thank you for the info.

I am contemplating a Celebrity cruise for Summer 2013. I have sailed HAL and Princess and am excited to try Celebrity - I have heard the room service menus differ according to cabin type. Can someone elaborate on the difference in room service meal options between CC, SkySuite and AQ.

I understand that Sky Suite comes with additional snack options for afternoons but what about is the difference in room service menu options for breakfast and dinner between Sky Suite, CC and AQ.

Thank you for the info.

Concierge and higher all have the same room service breakfast menu and meal options. Suite passengers get a better selection of afternoon canapés but in all cases you can ask for a cheese platter or perhaps shrimp cocktail instead.

The difference in the room service breakfast menus isn't as great as some people think. The upper level cabins do get smoothies and the suites get espresso based coffees. But all rooms get pretty much all other of what I'd call "standard" breakfast items: regular coffee, tea, pastries, toast, bagels, cereal, breakfast meats such as bacon or ham, eggs most standard styles, omelets with the usual fillings, etc. However a lot of the hot breakfast items are not listed on the hang tag menus for the basic cabins but you can write them in if you want them.

For example you can see a copy of an Aquaclass menu here: Celebrity Cruise Room Service Breakfast Menu Aqua Class from Celebrity Equinox - March 2012

I believe everything on this menu except for the smoothies and the healthy breakfast items is available and can be written onto the hang tag menu for a standard veranda, outside or inside cabin. A good example is the omelets section: On the AQ menu there are lot of options listed but on the regular cabin menu they just list "plain omelet" but you can actually order any of the common/standard omelet fillings.

Dinner options are the same. There is a limited list of items on the printed & TV based room service menu (see copies by clicking here). In any cabin type you can also order items from the full main dining room menu of the evening to be delivered by room service during the normal dining room hours. If you are in a suite your butler will serve it to you course by course. If you are not in a suite it will all be delivered at once by an attendant.

Archived