many questions about cruise

ok, it seems everyone think one day at the beach is great, then I will take the advice.

One more question, if we feel tired and bored, do we have to wait for the ship to pick us until the return time? I know the big ship will stop at the far and we take the small one to the Cozumel. That's why I'm wondering whether we can go back to the cruise ship anytime we want. thanks

If you are on a ships excursion that includes transportation you will have to wait until the group is done or make your own way back (if you decide to do this please let your tour guide know so they don't go crazy looking for you and delay everyone else's return to the ship:p).

Cozumel is very easy to get around in yourself. There will be a guy at the exit from the dock area who can help you find a cab - negotiate your price up front and get it confirmed! - and off you'll go. You can either arrange for the taxi to return at a set time to bring you back or you can have the beach area you're at call one for you when you're ready to leave.

As to the tenders (and yes, once when we were in Cozumel there were so many ships that we were tendered), they run back and forth to the ship all day (probably about every 20-30 minutes) - Just make sure you're on the tender to your ship and that you know when the last tender will be;).

Another vote here for Paradise Beach - were there in 2006 and enjoyed talking with Tom the ex-pat owner:D

Have been to Cozumel several times. Check out "trip advisor" online, type in Cozumel activities/things to do. Several options.

Also check the individual "Ports" board on Cruise Critic....loads of info on Tampa, and Cozumel.

Paradise beach, lounges at the HUGE swimming pool, are a minimal charge. Extra only if you want to purchase the Water activities, such as water trampoline, sea Kayaks, Snorkeling. That is a set price of $15.00 (I think). Food is a la Carte, but decent Nachos, Burgers etc.

I personally never book through the cruise line, overpriced in my opinion.

Have fun!

Hi, Caroline2007!!!

Welcome to cruising---hope you fall in love with it as much as I have! You did not mention the date of your cruise. I hope it is on November 29th. If you have not yet signed in to the Roll Call for your cruise, you should. You will meet the folks you are cruising with, and possibly be able to join someone on whatever excursion or beach day you decide on. I know we have at least one other family with a very young child on our 11/29/12 cruise on the Jewel. Might be fun for the children to play together on the beach.

Whenever you cruise, ENJOY!!!

Archived