it's "winter": who's dancing down 5th avenue?

H82seaUgo

it's that time of year that carnival traditionally rolls up its gangplanks and heads for normal waters.

but this year, they are gracing ny with a series of winter cruises to some boring and not so southern (read: cooler) ports of call.

so, who's signed up for a winter cruise so far?

it's that time of year that carnival traditionally rolls up its gangplanks and heads for normal waters.

but this year, they are gracing ny with a series of winter cruises to some boring and not so southern (read: cooler) ports of call.

.....actually it is our Doomsday Cruise. We leave NYC 12/16/12 and return (if all goes well and the Ancient Mayans were wrong ;)) 12/24/12. I originally wanted to leave out of Florida, but leaving from New York is just so easy for us living on Long Island it was a no brainer. And for the fact that the Miracle is my favorite Carnival ship, if it's my last cruise, why not go out on a ship I like? ;)

I know the exotic ports of Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau are too much to handle on 1 cruise, but we'll try.

:)

wasiii

Me. I'm taking my annual birthday cruise in January - Pride to the Bahamas this year - a no-fly cruise.

a couple of weeks ago Chris! Sounds awesome to me! Bussing down to Philly on Dec 30, sail on Jan 1!!! Yucky ports, but we are on a ship!! The Miracle no less!

Good for you! Who needs ports when you have a great ship like the Miracle. If this just a girls cruise?

where is your ship going?

January 2013 - NCL Jewel - 2-night Cruise to Nowhere

March 2013 - NCL Gem - San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Samana DR

November 2013, on the NEW NCL BREAKAWAY - Port Canaveral, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

.... and no airfare! After spending over $600 round-trip to get to San Juan for a cruise this Thanksgivng, I'm tickled that I don't even have to LOOK at airfare next year! :D

Carnival needs to step it up if they want to get ahold of the NYC clientle - especially with a new ship coming into town!

I keep considering a cruise out of NYC but I just don't know if I want to go to the Bahamas again... and the bf says definitely not... lol

I wish they offered a better variety of port calls.

The Pride cruise I'm taking has 3 less than wonderful ports, but I booked it for the date (we sail on my birthday) and the price. They are giving away balcony cabins. After my 16 day TA and the holidays, this will be a wonderfully relaxing cruise with nothing to do all week.

I am going on the Miracle on 01/25/13,

could not beat the prices..cancelled my

annual Florida vacation since it would

cost alot more considering the airfare,

hotel, rental car and food.

I live about 40 minutes from NYC by train.

Being from Canada (and having to fly pretty much everywhere anyway), sailing out of the 'cool' weather in NY at 11C is shorts weather for us here in Alberta where the temp is -10C overnight.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, the two cooler days down to the Bahamas on the Miracle on Nov 6th and the two cooler days back to NY. :D As many have said, the worst day (being stuck inside) on a cruise ship if better than the best day at work.

I am. Miracle out of NY 12/8/12. I was going to go again in February but we decided to do Bermuda in April.

My biggest complaint is the lack of ports. The Bahamas ports are not ports to keep going to. At the current prices I would book my family of six often if the ship went to other places.

Leaving NYC on 12/24 and returning on 1/1.. Both xmas and NY eve on board! .I can actually walk to the NYC terminal from my apartment. Great deal for the holidays, and I always found it gets warm outside by day 2. At least warm enough for me! Although the ports don't excite me, I found 2 shore excursions in 2 of them that look different and interesting to me. And I love spending the holidays onboard.

Archived