NCL Gem 8/10/2013 Why is it no longer posted?

geneology

I just was on the NCL website and was looking at the prices of cruises to see if anything changed and a cruise I booked for Aug 10, 2013 is no longer being shown. Any ideas why this happened? I did not call NCL yet... Just wondering if those of you with vast cruise experience had this happen before. Thank you --

I just was on the NCL website and was looking at the prices of cruises to see if anything changed and a cruise I booked for Aug 10, 2013 is no longer being shown. Any ideas why this happened? I did not call NCL yet... Just wondering if those of you with vast cruise experience had this happen before. Thank you --

Sorry, but NCL rarely bothers to call Cruise Critic Members to let us know "why" this happened or "why" that happened. They should, but for some reason, they don't. :(

Since it is a website issue, you could try contacting them through their contact number, email, and or mailing address. Perhaps someone in the web department knows what happening on the website.

I do see that you appear to be booked for this cruise. As long as you're already booked, you really have no need of the booking information unless you wish to book another cabin on the same sailing. My past experiences have taught me to either contact someone in the appropriate department, have my travel professional contact them, or wait until an actual need arises. I can honestly say that nobody here has ever been able to resolve a web site issue for me.

I do wish that could change, though.

Sorry, but NCL rarely bothers to call Cruise Critic Members to let us know "why" this happened or "why" that happened. They should, but for some reason, they don't. :(

Since it is a website issue, you could try contacting them through their contact number, email, and or mailing address. Perhaps someone in the web department knows what happening on the website.

I do see that you appear to be booked for this cruise. As long as you're already booked, you really have no need of the booking information unless you wish to book another cabin on the same sailing. My past experiences have taught me to either contact someone in the appropriate department, have my travel professional contact them, or wait until an actual need arises. I can honestly say that nobody here has ever been able to resolve a web site issue for me.

I do wish that could change, though.

Thank you--

I am booked but through an online agency. She told me I had to actively check the prices to see if NCL drops them - then I can contact her she will check it and make any changes in the price. That is what I was doing but on the NCL website the date of the cruise is no longer listed. I will wait and see not a big deal. I was just wondering if this was a common thing and if there was any reasons for it. I noticed a lot of people complain about NCL website issues. I guess I just experienced it. :eek:

Thank you--

I am booked but through an online agency. She told me I had to actively check the prices to see if NCL drops them - then I can contact her she will check it and make any changes in the price. That is what I was doing but on the NCL website the date of the cruise is no longer listed. I will wait and see not a big deal. I was just wondering if this was a common thing and if there was any reasons for it. I noticed a lot of people complain about NCL website issues. I guess I just experienced it. :eek:

Ahhhh...new information! Well, that changes the answer a bit.

Since you are booked through an online agency, you need to understand that the agency will make a price adjustment for you, but you have to watch that online agency's price for the cruise, not the price on NCL's website.

As long as your cruise appears on your TAs website, they can make an adjustment. It really won't matter whether or not you can see it on NCL's site...they are going to want to be able to adjust based on what THEY are charging.

My mistake originally, when you said you were checking the NCL website, I assumed that you booked direct with NCL. I did not realize that you had not, so sorry about that! :(

Ahhhh...new information! Well, that changes the answer a bit.

Since you are booked through an online agency, you need to understand that the agency will make a price adjustment for you, but you have to watch that online agency's price for the cruise, not the price on NCL's website.

As long as your cruise appears on your TAs website, they can make an adjustment. It really won't matter whether or not you can see it on NCL's site...they are going to want to be able to adjust based on what THEY are charging.

My mistake originally, when you said you were checking the NCL website, I assumed that you booked direct with NCL. I did not realize that you had not, so sorry about that! :(

Sorry -- I am still new to all of this. The online agent told me I had to check the NCL prices and if the cabin went below the price I paid then I was to contact them ( the online agent) and they would make the adjustment. That is why I was watching the NCL on line prices. The date was not there most of today. Someone just posted that it was there but I just checked and it isnt showing on my computer it goes Aug 3 and then the 17.

As I said it is no big deal as I am booked so far out - I was just surprised it was not there and since I am so new to all of this thought maybe someone may have known why.

Thank you for all your help.

Look below Aug 3,17,24,and 31:

Ship: Norwegian Gem

Departs: Roundtrip from New York

Departure Dates: 2013: Aug icon_onboardcredit.png 10

Ports of Call: New York, Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral), Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas

Cruise fares from:

InsideOceanviewBalconyMini SuiteSuite$879$989$1219$1349$1899

I just looked at this cruise, it is there on the NCL site. It is a completely different listing for this one week. Your cruise is posted as not stopping in Orlando and having two days at GSC. Very strange. Is this the way it was originally booked???

There are four listings for August that all include Orlando, and yours is separate and drop Orlando and show GSC instead.

I'm on the July 13th sailing and we just received a notice that there was an itinerary change: the ports are being visited in reverse order from Monday-Wednesday, instead of Tuesday-Thursday.

Perhaps the sailings were taken down temporarily to make the change?.

I just looked at this cruise, it is there on the NCL site. It is a completely different listing for this one week. Your cruise is posted as not stopping in Orlando and having two days at GSC. Very strange. Is this the way it was originally booked???

There are four listings for August that all include Orlando, and yours is separate and drop Orlando and show GSC instead.

I still can not find it as a separate listing on the NCL website. UGGHH

I did see that an online site has it listed and it did stop in Fla but it had it leaving Fla and arriving in GSC all at the same time. :eek:

I did get a change in the itinerary it was just a reversal of the original stops and some time changes. It has the two sea days at the end of the cruise - I like that!! I would not mind it skipping FLA for two days in GSC. :D

Archived