9/11 cruises...do they discount much

Everlast

I cannot believe these posts. I'm so glad you got a cheap flight on 9/11 and enjoyed the Feast of San Gennaro. Maybe we should all hope for another terrorist attack so we can get some more good deals. Sorry for the sarcasm, but doesn't anyone understand the hurt that we experienced in New York?

Ummm, yeah, we do, my husband had his 9:00 am appointment in Tower 2 rescheduled on Monday from 9/11 to 9/12, my neighbor who worked for Canter Fitzgerald went to 38 funerals and my son's best friends dad worked for another company who lost over 100 employees..and subsequently the company folded, and I know 2 9/11 widows. Oh, and my other 3 friends actually escaped from the towers and can finally talk about the gory details.

Seriously, lighten up, even people who were THERE can talk about the impact on travel because of it:rolleyes: .

Might as well give it up yogimax, you got "Them" going now.....they'll just post you into next week if you argue.

Everyones level of trauma and dealing with it is different......sorry some people here can't just let you express your feelings.

Thanks for understanding Voyagerfl. As an aside, I have to say that I have always appreciated the picture you have with your posts.

Yogi, I won't use the words chill out ;) But how it sounded to ME was that he was telling you to "chill out" from taking it so personally, it WASN'T just a New York thing... the OP asked a question, and it was answered by several... none of the people meant any disrespect to anyone... I think you are reading too much into it... honestly, I think you are missing my explanation... I may not be making much sense :D

You hit the nail on the head Chris. This person can take my comments anyway that they want but the bottom line is if this post bothers them that much then skip over it.

Hello all, just wondered since i have seen a few countdown clocks with 9/11 dates. is there ant measurable difference in price on this weeks sailings? To me it wouldn't matter, heck i went to Vegas with a friend the month after 9/11 and wasn't worried one bit. I just quesion weather people still avoid travel around this date and if it impacts prices. You are all so knowlegable on all things travel related if you don't know no one will!!!:D

yogimax... how in the world did you find something in that post to offend you?

does the mere mention of the date do it too you?

if it does, then i truly wish you the best in finding peace and i do hope none of your family/friends have, or end up having, a birthday, anniversary or other special day on that date

that day was a true tragedy for not just our nation but to all in this world who believe in freedom, equality, democracy and peace... and i think the best way to honor our fellow fallen citizens and heros from that day is to continue with our way of life and not let the acts of a few cowards bring us down... ok, i'm off the stump... :o

to the OP... i do hope you will continue to feel free to come to this site with your questions and comments and hope that some of the responses have not discouraged you from visiting with us again... :)

proud to be "one of them"

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

The attacks yogimax is referring to happened not only to New York, but to our Nation as a whole.. We have all suffered by the attacks,

Let's not attack each other, but try to enjoy traveling again, and help out the cruise line & Airlines... My sister , a flight attendent, whom lives in New York, suffers from all of 9/11. So sadly this has touched all our lives,no matter where we live in this great Country... I love the USA....:)

The attacks yogimax is referring to happened not only to New York, but to our Nation as a whole.. We have all suffered by the attacks,

Let's not attack each other, but try to enjoy traveling again, and help out the cruise line & Airlines... My sister , a flight attendent, whom lives in New York, suffers from all of 9/11. So sadly this has touched all our lives,no matter where we live in this great Country... I love the USA....:)

Well said.

Let's not attack each other, but try to enjoy traveling again, and help out the cruise line & Airlines...

Well put mstea!! I have traveled by plane 50+ times since then... I will say that my first flight into LGA a few weeks after 9/11, I had the same apprehension as most of the world... but I truly feel safer in an airplane than I do in ANY mode of transportation and will not let the acts of cowards keep me from doing ANYTHING!!! I know your sis has had a real go of it, my hats off to her...

Monz, but we like your stump so much :D

And I agree with Monzie... to the OP, I do hope you continue to post here and don't let any of this get you down... you did NOTHING wrong!!!!

Very well said.....god bless you all....

Archived