elevator wait times.

mrpayroll

We usually stay on the main deck and if elevators are busy, use the stairs. Next cruise is 11/5, and I have a broken kneecap and am in a big bulky brace. Stairs will be a slow go, if even possible, so I'll probably be doing a lot of waiting!

When ever possible I use the midship elevators......they seem to be the least busy......

About the only long wait that I ever encounter is after breakfast in the MDR, trying to get back upstairs, but I've started walking up to 4 or down to 2 then going forward to those midship elevators.....

We try not to use the elevators if we don't have to. If we're on, say deck 5 and really don't want to walk up or down the stairs, which is rare, I just make sure I press both the up and down call buttons. I work in a taller building and this is something I learned there. I don't care if I have to go down to go up or vice-versa.

Elevators on a cruise ship are absolutely no different than on land. It probably travels about 500 to 1000 ft per minute...so from floor 1 to 10 it probably takes from 10 to 15 seconds with no stops. So elevators are fast but people aren't. The elevator probably holds 3500 pounds or about 15 people. It can take a while for 15 peeps to get themselves onto and off of an elevator. Considering these elevators are used by about 3000 peeps I would imagine that at congested times they can be somewhat slow...15 seconds of travel and 10 seconds of unloading time per floor. 2 Minutes for the trip up 2 minutes for the trip down...yea the wait can be 4 minutes.

we always stay on the lido deck... never had an issue with elevators

and only had one issue with kids playing and hitting buttons.. can happen anywhere anytime.. the ups guy in one of my bldgs has hitting buttons down to a science

its all good

Always take the stairs since I got stuck in one of Carnival's elevators. What a fun ride that was, drop down two floors, then slowly rise, then drop a floor, slowly rise, drop two floors, you get the picture then stuck between floors and had to be helped out.

I betcha never knew Carnival was also an amusement park. ;)

Archived