Reroutes because of storms question...

Just read an article about some of the reroutes being done because of "Sandy"...for example, Carnival is rerouting the Sensation away from the Bahamas and will be in Key West on Saturday...and I'm sure there are others..

For those unaware, Saturday in KW is the culmination of "Fantasyfest", which is their Mardi Gras with a dash of steroids...body painting, nudity, and all sorts of craziness (I've gone-it's not for the faint of heart...)

In a situation like this, other than just telling the passengers about the reroute, will the cruiselines routinely "forewarn" their guests of events that might be questionable to some so they can decide whether to stay aboard or go ashore??

I am positive there will be many many complaints if a ship docks while Fantasy Fest is in full bloom with no warning about it. I would not want any child plus some adults I know to see it.

I have seen photos, heard the stories and it is not for the faint of heart:eek:

I am positive there will be many many complaints if a ship docks while Fantasy Fest is in full bloom with no warning about it. I would not want any child plus some adults I know to see it.

I have seen photos, heard the stories and it is not for the faint of heart:eek:

Is it a gay festival ?

If it docked during Fantasy Fest, wow, never could afford the hotels or other expenses, for many of us liberals it would be a treat. I noticed that someone said above, that it might not be good for children, but children should be in school not on a cruise LOL

Not sure, but, there may be family friendly times also just like Mardi Gras, not everyone who lives in Key West is, well different.

Is it a gay festival ?

Everything you can think of is there, but that is not a problem.

Google it to find out more information if your so inclined. I am not about to paint a picture for you here.

It's not all bad, but would definetly be a shocker for those that do not know about it before hand.

Hubby and I booked a cruise to KW and Cozumel a few years ago. After booking the cruise a friend mentioned fantasy fest.... we had no idea what that was..... we took a trolley out to tour the city and downtown was quiet, we came back a few hours later and WOW!

There were ladies backside in windows while the front of them got painted, men walking around in very little clothes... but i lovingly told people it was middle aged womens reason not to wear bras... we loved it, sat and watched the show go by. I however would never have allowed my children to see it, it does get a little risque.

Go with an open mind and you will have fun. And we were not warned before by Carnival that it was happening.

Archived