ES Price Drops if cancelled & rebooked

virginiab

I had to cancel a cruise (for Nov 2012) that had been booked ES. Now, a few months later, I have used that ES credit to book a new cruise (for Jan 2013) at the current sale price. This new cruise is past final payment date, so I paid it off when I booked it.

Can I get price drops on this new cruise, if I see any?

It seem like I should be able to do so, but I wonder if anyone has experience with this, and if you had to jump through any hoops to convince Carnival that this new booking should be considered as originally booked ES.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

Interesting. When you re-book you can re-book at any ofthe currently offered booking rates (most of which would allow price adjustments only up to final Payment date, which you're past). But if ES isn't being offered (but you would like to be able to get price drops up to 2 business days before sailing), I'm not sure how that would work. Booked as you are under the "sale" booking, I'm VERY doubtful you'll be able to get any price drops.

Fire wil hopefully have some insight.

ken

I had to cancel a cruise (for Nov 2012) that had been booked ES. Now, a few months later, I have used that ES credit to book a new cruise (for Jan 2013) at the current sale price. This new cruise is past final payment date, so I paid it off when I booked it.

Can I get price drops on this new cruise, if I see any?

It seem like I should be able to do so, but I wonder if anyone has experience with this, and if you had to jump through any hoops to convince Carnival that this new booking should be considered as originally booked ES.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

No, sorry, because the new cruise is booked at a non ES rate.. you are now at that rate.. you cant get price drops.

You can ask for any upgrades to a category that matches what you paid.

If you cancel .. and rebook at another rate .. the ES does not carry over.

You are just using the future credit from the previous cruise.. the previous cruise is gone except for this credit.

Archived