Allure Specialty Dining

For those who have experience with and make ample use of specialty venues on Allure - what are your recommendations of venues to make sure to do and any nights that you recommend over others. We plan to use specialty venues 4 or 5 nights of our 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. Thanks for any help.

I managed to hit every venue on Allure.

We loved 150 Central Park so much we went twice! If you enjoy tasting menus, this is a wonderful restaurant and was the best meal I have had on a cruise ship. Chef's table was also an amazing experience. For both of these venues you need to be a somewhat adventurous eater since it is a fixed menu.

Those two venues were far superior to the other specialty restaurants. Vintages would be my next favorite and Izumi and Rita's (which I was not expecting to like) both turned out to be pretty good as well.

Chops was just fair; have had much better steaks on land for the same or less money and the venue was so crowded that service was no better than in the MDR.

Giovanni's was a poor experience (which surprised my because I loved Portofino on other ships and so many people rave about it). Food was bland and mediocre and service was largely absent even though it was not busy (almost had to get up and find a water pitcher to fill my own water glass). The worst experience though was Samba Grill. The quality of the food in the MDR was better as was service; the staff seemed intent on pushing alcohol (we told them three times we were not drinking that night and they kept coming over trying to talk us into drinking). Food was all about quantity over quality and was lots of poor quality, overcooked, under seasoned meats. The appetizer buffet was pretty poor as well with nothing better than you would find in the Windjammer.

Thank you for the responses. Chefs Table and 150 Central Park are definately on the list. My daughter and I both enjoy a wide variety of foods and enjoy new tasting experiences so those definately.

There are a couple of 3 venue options. We will probably get one of those and add to it for the 5 dinners we will book. We specifically booked only a regular OV balcony for this cruise because we wanted to put the $$ toward the specialty venues.:)

Everyone has different experiences. Our most favorite was Giovanni's for lunch on boarding day. Service and food were outstanding. In order of our most favorite (liked them all but if made to pick) - Chef's Table, 150 Central Park, Chops. All had great good but the presentation with the wine and interaction with the Chef and other passangers (max of 14), made the Chef's Table go to the top of the list. 150 was a perfect evening of food, wine, service and a special time for DW and me to spend alone. Chop's is loved by the entire family and is a good experience with good food and pretty good service (on our night). Even the non meat eaters enjoyed it. The sushi place was just ok. Rita's was very fun on Fiesta night because we were with a large group. I completely agree with Gonzo's review of Samba. Johnny Rocket's is always good. Enjoy!

Everyone has their own taste, likes and dislikes

Personally I though Rita's was terrible Mexican food. Fiesta night is pretty good, lots of fun

I also thought Portofino's was much better than Giovanni's.

I also enjoyed Chops on all their ships

BTW Roast Beef sandwitches at the Park cafe is great. This is free

Archived