Medical ONLY Insurance

bbappel

We are New York, US residents with Medicare and an additional insurance provider.

We booked our October 2013 cruise in June 2012 and included the Celebrity Cancellation Insurance in our purchase. This covers trip cancellation costs.

We will need to have medical insurance in addition because we will be traveling in Europe before and on excursions off the ship.

Any recommendations? I tried to research, but this isn't in my skill set and it seemed that every policy included trip cancellation, which we don't need since we purchased it from Celebrity. We will lose the "existing conditions" waiver if we buy it elsewhere at this point. For our December trip, we bought a John Hancock policy and will probably do that in the future, so we have gotten wiser.

Meanwhile for this October trip, we need recommendations for a medical insurance policy. Has anyone bought a medical only policy? If so, did you use it - place a claim and get reimbursed?

Thank you for any help you can give us.

We are New York, US residents with Medicare and an additional insurance provider.

We booked our October 2013 cruise in June 2012 and included the Celebrity Cancellation Insurance in our purchase. This covers trip cancellation costs.

We will need to have medical insurance in addition because we will be traveling in Europe before and on excursions off the ship.

Any recommendations? I tried to research, but this isn't in my skill set and it seemed that every policy included trip cancellation, which we don't need since we purchased it from Celebrity. We will lose the "existing conditions" waiver if we buy it elsewhere at this point. For our December trip, we bought a John Hancock policy and will probably do that in the future, so we have gotten wiser.

Meanwhile for this October trip, we need recommendations for a medical insurance policy. Has anyone bought a medical only policy? If so, did you use it - place a claim and get reimbursed?

Thank you for any help you can give us.

All of the major online travel insurance comparison sites offer medical-only plans. For example, here's a link to insuremytrip's offerings:

http://www.insuremytrip.com/plans/medical/single-trip.html

I've has good luck with the Seven Corners Liaison plans in the past.

Archived