St Thomas April 2006

Archipelago

Our April 2006 voyage is during the Easter holiday . I'm getting my ticket now and only about 5 places have availability now . I am having to go 3 days ahead of the voyage to use my Dividend miles . Has anyone stayed at the Bolongo Bay Beach resort or the Wyndham ? I wanted to look at the All inclusive for both as I like to pay ahead.

John

Are you booked on the Legend St Thomas to Fort Lauderdale-- April 16 departure? We booked about a month ago! I'm glad you made your post--didn't realize it was Easter, and was waiting till later to make my hotel reservations--We could have been sleeping on the beach! I'm putting my TA to work to find a place. We have spent much time on St Thomas so we are arriving the day before departure. I know nothing about the hotels you mentioned--I'll let you know what our TA finds.

Yes it's Easter and I had to go 3 days ahead to use my dividend miles . I am going on to Lisbon after Ft. Lauderdale . I'm looking forward to meeeting you . VeniceCruiser is also on this sailing and Norm 2002 is joing in Ft. Lauderdale!

John :-)

We are on the trip right before you, departing April 9, returning on April 16. We plan to come in one night before and haven't yet found hotel availability to be a problem -- probably because it is the week before Easter -- can anyone recommend a decent place on the beach - doesn't have to be fancy since it is only one night, we'd just like to get some beach time in before we cruise. I hear the Ritz is nice but really don't want to pay those prices for such a short stay, don't think it is worth it.

Sorry that you won't be on the trip !!! Will be nice to meet Taylor... I cannot make my reservations until after June 11th until I am confirmed on the way back from Lisbon . I looked at the Marriot also , but I have not decided . Yes I will be glad to see you at the Skybar !!!!!!!!!I have a good friend from my QE2 travels that works for Intel and is from Tempe !!!!!

John

We are booked at the Frenchmans Reef --fair price--and its a pretty good place to stay--not far(3 miles) from town and the docks. Close enough for my wife to be able to shop in the morning before boarding. We also found a pretty good place for lunch on our last visit--don't ask me for the name--it's just down an alley I know I can find. Looking forward to the cruise--we have done it before, and we like the stops, and the beach picnic is great. It will be fun, and Capt. Nielson is our favorite.

There is still space Jane !!! Book Now !!!

Matt .. Thanks for your post . I had thought of using my Priority Club card for the Holiday Inn because I did not want to spend a lot in St. Thomas. I'm like Scarlett O'Hara " I'll do my eating at the BBQ " . I found some other places on Travelocity that I am looking into. :-)

John

Of course having no dependents, canine or otherwise, to keep me home, it's much easier. Now it seems the only 'people' I have to let know I am leaving are my credit cards!

Jane (always looking ahead to cruising on Seabourn)

The credit card thing is a problem with traveling. Am Ex is good..they let you charge where-ever...but..my Visa shuts down after my first purchase when out of the country. I asked if notifying them would make a difference..they said no...cause the computer doesn't recognize it as our purchase profile. [or..do you suppose that my husband whispered in their ear...teehee?]

I haven't ever been told not to bother to call and notify the CC company. I am very specific where and when I will be away. Of course, when I was in the Carribean on the QM2, someone used my MC number and charged all sorts of stuff from Colorado. Master Card was a bit taken back by my rantings and ravings about how, if they had all the info about being away, why would I rent a car in the states?

I guess I should be pleased it wasn't more annoying than it was. One thing about being retired, I have lost a fax/copier and easy access to a notary public.

Jane

• 1 month later...
We also found a pretty good place for lunch on our last visit--don't ask me for the name--it's just down an alley I know I can find.

LaPaloma,

I suspect the restaurant of which you are thinking is Gladys' Restaurant. It is a wonderful place. If I were at my home computer, I would post a picture of the alley to verify that it is the same place.

Bill

Allison:

I'm cruising on the 9th, as well, and booked a room at the Best Western with oceanview. At $99 plus fees & taxes, it was too good a price to pass up. I figured with just one night to stay (I get in around 3pm), I could forego "excellent" service with a little beach time.

Bill: any info on Glady's would be welcomed...I've never spent any time in St. Thomas, so might look it up.

Would love to hear from anyone else who's cruising on the 9th, as well!

Paul

"not too late to add another week"...

for you or me?? :rolleyes:

Seems like you've got lots of "regulars" joining you! I am self-employed, and, at this point, I have to limit my time "away" to a week at a time. I'd love to be able to B2B, or a T/A, to be sure!

Why don't you come join ME? :p

Paul ;)

LaPaloma,

I suspect the restaurant of which you are thinking is Gladys' Restaurant. It is a wonderful place. If I were at my home computer, I would post a picture of the alley to verify that it is the same place.

Bill

I'm pretty sure are right--it does seem that all the best restaurants on St Thomas are down alleys. Started going to St Thomas many years ago when they were having political trouble--you held your breath when you started down some of those alleys!

Archived