Sailing from NOLA

Peddler&Tass

We just park at the pier.

There is a place around the block(other side of convention center). They will shuttle you back and forth. BUT for me it was not enough less to have to deal with the extra handling of the luggage. Or you would have to drop luggage and people then go park and ride back. Just a hassle to me and not much savings.

Just my .02

CC mods will probably move your post to "gulf ports departures" which is for Galveston and NOLA

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

I used to stay at Holiday Inn Superdome back when you could book it for $99 but now its always $149 including parking.

I had a booking Marriott made in err for $159 for convention center Mariott for 8 days of parking, a $10 starbucks card and a room for a big weekend next month when most hotels were blacked out.

Quality Inn Westback is $129 for their cruise park n stay and it includes a very nice friendly shuttle and a full breakfast, room for up to 4, and shuttle for 2, extra shuttle for $5 pp I think.

All Holiday Inns in the area have cruise n park deals, except for the ones right inside french qtr.. there is one on westbank, one at the airport ($188 I think, shuttle both ways and include free happy hour drink)

We just park at the pier.

There is a place around the block(other side of convention center). They will shuttle you back and forth. BUT for me it was not enough less to have to deal with the extra handling of the luggage. Or you would have to drop luggage and people then go park and ride back. Just a hassle to me and not much savings.

Just my .02

I did this parking garage last time. Booked a cruise really late, about a month out and had to park close.. (the time I got off and had to be on Magic the same day) .. and booked a blind hotel on hotwire, 3 stars, convention center/arts district, 95% gave thumbs up if you see it. Paid $72 plus taxes and tips, $89.XX .. plus paid $96 to park at the Fulton Street garage for 8 days (7 days to cruise and it was next to the hotel, so parked there for the night I stayed at the hotel).

This hotel, Garden Hilton, has a fee shuttle .. from the fulton street garage, so they use the same place to park and their shuttle.

PS the port charges $16 per day to park .. vs fulton street at $12 per day for cruisers.

I just stayed there on 9/29/12 for the CONQUEST sailing on 9/30...

I stayed at the Quality Inn Gretna, under a cruise and park rate. With three in a handicapped room we paid $134. The van took us to the port beginning at 9:30 on Sunday. And we probably had to wait about 12 minutes for them to get us, on the following Sunday -- but we had to wait for the van (not the bus) so they could get the wheelchair in and out.

The hotel was adequate. If it had not been raining and HUMID... it would have been better. But the room and the carpet and the sheets, etc were damp from humidity in the room. The room ac unit just couldn't take the humidity out of the air!

the hotel was 100% FULL, with FEMA transplants from that September storm. This was a problem too! Not enough towels or pillows...

But the parking and van and everything was OK... I guess...

We have stayed at the Holiday inn by the Super Dome twice and would book it again.They have a cruise & park rate. Secure parking in a garage and a shuttle to the pier. You do have to take a taxi back, but not much around $12 I think. With in easy walking to Bourbon St. French Quarter and Jackson Square. Booked on Stay 123

I just stayed there on 9/29/12 for the CONQUEST sailing on 9/30...

I stayed at the Quality Inn Gretna, under a cruise and park rate. With three in a handicapped room we paid $134. The van took us to the port beginning at 9:30 on Sunday. And we probably had to wait about 12 minutes for them to get us, on the following Sunday -- but we had to wait for the van (not the bus) so they could get the wheelchair in and out.

The hotel was adequate. If it had not been raining and HUMID... it would have been better. But the room and the carpet and the sheets, etc were damp from humidity in the room. The room ac unit just couldn't take the humidity out of the air!

the hotel was 100% FULL, with FEMA transplants from that September storm. This was a problem too! Not enough towels or pillows...

But the parking and van and everything was OK... I guess...

So you were there a couple of weeks after the hurricane. I know the roads were closed in many places for the next week after the hurricane .. sorry that things were not up to par.

It wasnt fancy by any means .. but not full when I stayed there. My internet kept falling off and they had to change my room. Its such a big place they have multiple internet servers for this hotel.. so moved to a different internet server, room in the hotel.

Not a terrific area to my thinking .. under the bridge.. on the access road for the freeway. I only stayed here once..

We go to NOLA frequently and usually stay at the Monteleone. We love it there. However it can be pricey and parking isn't cheap. I don't know how long you will be there but if it will be a day or two I would definitely stay in the French Quarter. Everything is in walking distance from each other. Great restaurants and hotels in NOLA. If I were you I would check them out on Trip Advisor.

Archived