Italian gold

suzzek

Hello--I did a search on this forum but the information is fairly dated. My sister has asked me to buy an 18k gold pendant for her when I am in Italy. Is gold much more expensive, less expensive or comparable to buying a pendant here in the US? She wants a round 1.5 cm Madonna & child. She was in Italy several years ago and bought one but has since lost it. I don't think I'll have any trouble finding it, I'm just wondering if it will be cheaper to look for it closer to home. Any help you can give me will be much appreciated!

I'd just look for it closer to home. We didn't find gold to be cheaper in Italy or Greece or Turkey. With the exchange rate and VAT, it was always more costly.

I switched to silver, because I do like jewelry as a souvenir. And that was even more than I could have purchased it for at home, but it did come from Greece & Turkey.

Have a great trip!

This site will give you the price of gold in various countries. Remember that it could fluctuate.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/gold_silver_prices_charts.aspx?money=USD

Remember that in europe it will be quoted in euro so you have to convert $ to euro based on the exchange rate which also fluctuates.

This site will give you the price of gold in various countries. Remember that it could fluctuate.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/gold_silver_prices_charts.aspx?money=USD

Remember that in europe it will be quoted in euro so you have to convert $ to euro based on the exchange rate which also fluctuates.

Thank you Elinore and Texancruzer. That is a very interesting website!

Archived