Just Back From Carribean & Triumph 10-22

jtwanabe

We launched Last Monday, Oct. 22nd. Parking was a snap and a short walk from the terminal.

Security went very quickly but it all gets bogged down in the actual check in. It took about 35 - 40 minutes to snake through the whole process after you got through security. It seemed like there were more closed check in terminals than open. 35- 40 minutes may not seem like much but Carnival could do a better job I think.

I stayed in one of those rooms that have port holes and bunk beds. Didn't really spend a lot of time looking out he port holes but it did sort of minimize the jail cell feeling you can sometimes get in those interior cabins. It was the same price as an interior room. Since it was a single bed it gave the feeling of more walk around space in the room. Motion was minimal. Long and short of it is that I really enjoyed the room and will ask for it again.

First night out was wonderful. Food was good. I usually get a ham & cheese from the Deli. (it's the little things) They need to up the temp on the grill so the cheese will actually melt. .... just saying. Late night pizza always hit the spot.

First morning I dove into the grapefruit sections. Sounds funny I know but I love great fruit but hate the ordeal of eating them. Ate them every morning. The coffee is just this side of water but I've learned to always bring some instant along to help it out.

There must be a special place in hell reserved for whoever picked out the piped in music in the morning. Why not just cut to the chase and have someone repeating .... hurry up .... get going .... we need your seat get the lead out .....!!!!!

Spent the morning reading a book on deck 10. To be laying down with a good book and a sea breeze is probably one of the chief reasons I go on these cruises. It's simply heavenly.

Lunch was a simple salad.

Dinner was from the buffet though I can't remember what I had. I know it wasn't from the Chinese place cause that place is almost never open.

Spent the evening up on deck 10 fro a bit and then watch the movie in the pool area. That's kind of cool too. (the screen ultimately developed this black rectangle of non working lights that was sort of irritating.) Oh well first world problems)

Well I'm not sure I'm not boring everyone so I will just post this first day and see if it's of any interest to anyone.

I had a great time, some disappointments but overall thanks Carnival & crew.

JT

Spent the morning reading a book on deck 10. To be laying down with a good book and a sea breeze is probably one of the chief reasons I go on these cruises. It's simply heavenly.

That's what i'm looking forward to the most. Relaxing with a good book. I downloaded the latest John Grisham book to my Kindle and fully charged it earlier today. The next four and a bit days can't go by fast enough. :)

Thanks for your review so far! I'm wondering how the rest of your cruise was? Did you enjoy any of the entertainment, for example the comedians or the stage shows? How was the piano bar, your cruise? Thanks!

We were also on this cruise.. Had a wonderful time..Deck 3 was our favorite hangout outside.. By getting close to the front on that deck and in a lounger you weren't blown away by the wind. It was very peaceful!!

We went to 2 of the shows. We have seen both but still enjoyed them. The Magic show is fantastic. We didn't make the comedy shows but do enjoy them.

Agree with you on the long lines at checkin. We were a little later because of the parking, took a little longer than we thought. Getting out of there was the worse. We were not on the road until 12:30pm. We did have the last zone but waited a long time for parking. Of course, they had all passengers coming in. Disney ship was also in port.

I think the staff were all fabulous. They addressed us by name every where. We had anytime dining and really enjoyed that..I had no complaints with the food. Every thing I ordered I enjoyed. It was very tasty to me. Hey we didn't have to cook it or clean up!!

Can't wait to go again!!

Archived