connecting cabins on caribbean princess

ampip

I believe there are a couple, BUT, almost all of the balconies connect -- get two cabins side by side and ask the steward to open the connecting partitions for you. I have connected as many as four on the mini suite dolphin deck. Then you can just go in and out through the sliding balcony doors. I believe some connect on all decks.

Bob

I believe there are a couple, BUT, almost all of the balconies connect -- get two cabins side by side and ask the steward to open the connecting partitions for you. I have connected as many as four on the mini suite dolphin deck. Then you can just go in and out through the sliding balcony doors. I believe some connect on all decks.

Bob

Hi Bob, We tried for connecting cabins for my sisters family last year, and our TA told us there were none on Princess ships. Are you sure there are? Maybe we have an uninformed TA!!! I know you can go through the balconies. We wanted connecting doors INSIDE the cabins.

Yes -- I'm quite sure there are some. If you look on the brochure deck plans, you may be able to spot one or two. Also, you might try to search for it on the Princess web site. I believe I remembered the CB having one or two such cabin set ups. I may be wrong -- I can't say for sure.

Bob

Maybe this is what I was thinking about.....

Cruise Critic Reviews: Diamond Princess

Cruise Critic ship review for Diamond Princess. ... The ship has two connecting

family suites and 27 handicapped-accessible cabins. ...

www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=296 - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

or this

... the Tahitian Princess delivers on Princess' trademark "big ship choice" in a

... Adjoining Cabins (private connecting doors), Yes. Kosher Meals, Yes ...

www.*****.com/ship.cfm?shipid=228 - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

I've sailed on both ships. Maybe CB doesn't?????

and also

... Princess has probably the greatest number of cabins categories (the Sun and

... A Peak Inside Cabins With Connecting Doors. On some ships, including ...

www.i-cruise.com/fa6.htm - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

Bob

Bob, perhaps those are what made you think the CB had connecting rooms. Other than the Family Suite, there really aren't any.

The Tahitian is a differenct class of ship than the CB, so has a different layout, the second site above (the one you show for the Tahitian) shows this for the CB:

"Adjoining cabins (Private connecting doors) No"

The last reference "a peak inside" shows this: "On some ships, including most ships in the Royal Caribbean, Disney, Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Holland America fleets, there are a bunch of cabins with connecting doors...." You will note that Princess is absent from that list.

I am a T/A and I booked a family of six on the Diamond Princess for the end of June in two connecting balcony cabins. They do exist but there aren't many. You need to book these connecting cabins way in advance. My clients booked in January and they didn't even have much of a choice at that point.

Archived