Double check your VIFP status before cruising

oceanlov1

I will be cruising on the Valor on Nov. 4. Usually I do not print boarding passes until the night before,but this time I decided to check a week before. Good thing I did.

They had me as Gold status instead of Platinum, even though I have already been Platinum for 2 previous cruises.

I immediately called Carnival last night. I think I spoke with someone in customer care. She was very nice. She said she could not help, but that I should call the E solutions dept. She gave me the number and then connected me. They close at 8:00 pm and I called at 8:15pm.

Then, I called this morning. The rep was also very nice and said she sent the info. to another department and because it was Sunday, it will be taken care of tomorrow. I think it will be taken care of, but I will double check tomorrow.

I think they have handled the situation very well, so far.

For the cruiser, double check your status, and if it is incorrect, call the E solutions department.

Happy Sailing!!

I haven't printed mine yet but I have looked at it. It shows Platinum and VIP on our luggage tags. My worry is that the VIFP on the website shows us with zero days. I have tried to get that fixed but no luck so far. At this point I'm afraid to mess with it because it is right in the "system". I think I will take my old Platinum S&S card with me, just in case we have a problem when we check in.

I haven't printed mine yet but I have looked at it. It shows Platinum and VIP on our luggage tags. My worry is that the VIFP on the website shows us with zero days. I have tried to get that fixed but no luck so far. At this point I'm afraid to mess with it because it is right in the "system". I think I will take my old Platinum S&S card with me, just in case we have a problem when we check in.

I posted an exact solution for fixing this problem, but unfortunately the thread was deleted. I wish I had saved the information!! If I can remember how to do it, I'll let you know.

I am sure that most people with a past passnger number checked their profiles within the first week of the new VIFP kicking in. I know I checked it right away.

Once they note that there is a problem it gets fixed quick. If you email them they can fix it quick. If you're not Platinum in the VIFP system then you'll not likely have Platinum cards or have VIP on your Fun Pass.....Do report it and get it fixed right away so they do have you as Platinum and your Fun Pass says so...

Archived