to buy insurance ro not

massagegirl

This is my 3rd cruise and I have never bought it. My BF asked about it tonight. Wanted to get opinions from well traveled cruisers...What exactly does it cover?

In our cruise guide we devote a chapter to travel insurance. Basically, it covers all non-refundable expenses such as the cruise, paid airline tickets, excursions etc. Plus your personal property and medical treatment and even related early return tickets home. We buy non cruise line coverage from Travel Insured International which offers a top notch policy. Many caveats: do policy waive pre-existing conditions (not a factor for the most young and/or very healthy), $$$ limits on items like cameras, jewelry etc. Is it Primary coverage or secondary? (primary is BEST). You are delayed when a car up ahead has an accident and you miss your plane and ship. Your are out thousands. Many policies pay ZERO unless YOU are had the accident while other pay you all the THOUSANDS you lost because you were DELAYED by any UNFORESEEN occurrence. We've been reimbursed for lost Casio watch while snorkeling, doctor bills while driving in Alaska, $200 doctor ship bills for treatment and crutches for twisted ankle, damaged luggage not noticed till unpacking, $500 for Nihon underwater camera I foregone to clean (salt build up killed it) etc. So, you are covered serious negligence or such as forgetting to pack that favorite blouse or spilling wine on expensive clothes etc. nice! Use Travel Insured International (Worldwide Trip Protector Policy)as a bench mark for comparison with any others. Get ready to read small print or you may be wasting your premium dollars.

Archived