Gem delayed, itinerary change??

lidodeckfan

Oh I certainly wasn't saying anyone was wrong in booking now, but you do have to be aware that there are more risks when booking this time of year (which you seem to be).

I just woudn't want to waste my whole week of vacation waiting for what might never happen if the power doesn't come back on, damage fixed and port opened. Instead of saving whatever time I had left. But saying that, the problem that some would encounter, is having enough funds to be able to do something else while waiting for your refund (if they will do that) to be returned.

Good luck, so sorry to hear that this cruise isn't happening for you. That must be so disappointing.

the money is one thing, saved like you wouldn't believe to take this,

this is our christmas. trying to drop another 4g's not knowing if we will get anything back.

we are sending the kids to school in the time being, and my husband and i will do the honey do list.

NCL is sending Gem to Boston to port with Dawn tomorrow.

I know the DAWN was scheduled to be in Boston tomorrow, but I wonder if they might have her change her port stop or cancel it to allow the GEM to take her berth. Any idea how many ships Black Falcon will hold? Carribean Princess has been sitting there for a couple days waiting for the Brooklyn port to open.

the money is one thing, saved like you wouldn't believe to take this,

this is our christmas. trying to drop another 4g's not knowing if we will get anything back.

we are sending the kids to school in the time being, and my husband and i will do the honey do list.

I can understand that.

Simple. Because you agreed to a contract stating this could happen. In other words you already agreed to the terms they set out. You had best go back and re-read the contract. They OWE you nothing. But chances are if you ask nicely to the person that can make a decision like that, you may just get what you want.

In this economy, people sacrifice to be able to save money to get away on a cruise. Maybe NCL should remember this. Next time, my money will not be going to NCL.

In this economy, people sacrifice to be able to save money to get away on a cruise. Maybe NCL should remember this. Next time, my money will not be going to NCL.

Since most cruiselines sail full to almost full and all of them have something like this happen from time to time. I hate to say this but losing you, they will just pick up someone in your place.

As I said above, I feel bad for you and others as this must be so disheartening.

It's one thing to be upset. It's another to place all the blame on anyone who cannot control the situation - and right now, no one is in control. The NYC port is closed and word is that it may open on Thursday, but that's not official. No cruise line can make plans based on no information.

Cruise insurance is always a good idea during hurricane season. If not, you take your chances (we do).

Misplaced anger and spewing on a public board will do little except make you look like a fool and make people who have good suggestions less likely to offer them.

I know the DAWN was scheduled to be in Boston tomorrow, but I wonder if they might have her change her port stop or cancel it to allow the GEM to take her berth. Any idea how many ships Black Falcon will hold? Carribean Princess has been sitting there for a couple days waiting for the Brooklyn port to open.

I've seen the Dawn, the Spirit, and another ship parked in Boston at once.

I saw 3 in the channel and a navy ship tie-up at the end once.

Not to say I don't feel bad for people when their vacations are ruined--for in fact, it has happened to me and it is a bummer. But have you watched what is HAPPENING in New York--people have lost their homes, the subways are still flooded, extensive fires. This is horrible stuff. I hope you get refunds and can rebook cruises--but honestly--the crew of NCL and Carnival and all the lines try to do the best they can--there was no certainty in any of this. Sad for you, but certainly not tragic. Your anger seems strange to me in the face of what others are going through in our country tonight. But I agree with Che's advice--adjust your attitude if you really want someone to help you. You just aren't going to get much empathy going at it the way you are going.

You do realize that the Carnival Pride didn't get out right? So all of those passengers showed up in Baltimore and then the coast guard closed the port so they all lost their vacation as well.

So I wouldn't race off to Carnival so quickly.

Wait - maybe Royal Caribbean? Nooooo, those poor passengers thought they were going to Bermuda on Enchantment - ended up with a 6 day "cruise to no where" - ick

How about Disney? Oh wait - did you see the news - passengers calling in live from the ship - glassware breaking. Horrifying experience. The ship is damaged.

How about....I think we are running out of cruise lines

Wow, excellent point CruisinMama--and that was what I was trying to say. But you have much more detailed information. No cruise line could totally get through this without impact--and therefore of course it had to impact the passengers. Many many people everywhere impacted by this storm in many ways.

Many many people everywhere impacted by this storm in many ways.

I can attest to that DH was up on our roof in the dark replacing shingles and we felt very fortunate that what was suppose to leave NYC and keep coming toward us fizzled out.

My heart aches for everyone impacted whether it's as little (compared to the bigger picture) as a ruined vacation or as devastating as my neighbors to the south have and are enduring. The whole thing is awful. :(

If there is anyone who is as as angry and annoyed as I am with NCL for dragging us through the mud with all these "delays", you can always file a complaint to the "better business bureau". The more of us that complain about their incompetence, the more they'll have to answer for.

I took off work for this vacation, and I can't even go back because I have to sit at home and wait... wait for new updates, any news, anything. At this point, all they had to do was rebook us or refund us. And instead they are stringing us along, and honestly, that is NOT okay with me.

This is my last time with Norwegian.

Michele,

My money will not be going to NCL in the future due to the way they are handling this- not answering questions, not offering credits, etc.

For all of you haters, check out the roll call thread. I'm not the only one "spewing" criticism. NCL's customer service needs serious work.

If there is anyone who is as as angry and annoyed as I am with NCL for dragging us through the mud with all these "delays", you can always file a complaint to the "better business bureau". The more of us that complain about their incompetence, the more they'll have to answer for.

I took off work for this vacation, and I can't even go back because I have to sit at home and wait... wait for new updates, any news, anything. At this point, all they had to do was rebook us or refund us. And instead they are stringing us along, and honestly, that is NOT okay with me.

If you think it's different with another line, please, by all means go ahead and bail. But you'll find it's not. Read the other boards. All of the lines sailing the east coast are in limbo. None of them have any better answers than another.

THANK YOU. I completely agree!

Michele,

My money will not be going to NCL in the future due to the way they are handling this- not answering questions, not offering credits, etc.

For all of you haters, check out the roll call thread. I'm not the only one "spewing" criticism. NCL's customer service needs serious work.

If/when you check the other boards of the lines also sailing out of NYC, their responses aren't any different - because they haven't been given any answers either. Lack of info sucks. It always does. But finding out when a ship can dock and where is what their answers will be based on and they (none of the lines) don't have that info yet. Go ahead - check Carnival, Disney & RCCL. It's all there.

Go ahead - check Carnival, Disney & RCCL. It's all there.

I don't care what the other lines are doing. I care what NCL is doing. I was a returning customer, but that won't be happening again.

Are you independently wealthy and have all the paid time off you want? If you can't see where we're coming from, then I'm guessing that's the case.

Archived