You know what I hate?

MichelleChell

Just so you know......things HAPPEN!!!

My friend, who has been posting her review on the Magic (I think her username is Meyer3), her 14 year old son was just diagnosed with Leukemia and has immediately begun chemo. She definitely has more important things to do than finish her review right now.

Tell Meyer 3 that those of us that read her review and will be praying for her son and for her family. I even have a face to put with the prayers thanks to her review.

So sad to hear. Her review was one of the best!

To the point of what you want to hear about or the point of what they feel like documenting? There are some really good short reviews in the Member Reviews section.

Thats where I put my last review. Not sure I want to put them in this section anymore but the member review section is the way to go IMHO. Short and to the point and no hurt feelings to be debated there.

I agree, but in all fairness it is not nearly as much fun once your cruise is gone by and the longer they wait after they start the review to add to it the bigger chance it won't get finished. That is why I do a one page review. This next cruise I may try something different.

Another reason why, even if you write a ten page review, it makes more sense to write it first offline, and then post it when complete. There is then no chance of a partial posting, or of real life interrupting the story.

Kevin C

No doubt. I agree.

Seems like a good place to put my review...

So we were on the Magic last week. Was quite a trip. I have pictures and video to share and will add in the next couple hours. Embarkation was fine. No issues there. When we got on the ship we were really happy to see

So welhere did I leave off? Oh yeah, we get on the ship and it is beautiful... We fell in love with the decor... It was all phenomenal until we reached the

When reviews are started and never finished. I was following 3 Magic reviews that have died. Yes I know people have lives and things happen but please if you are going to do a review finish it.

That was my rant for the day. Thank you. LOL

I totally agree with you, there were some I had also been following which were pretty good and then they just stopped.

As someone who has done a couple long-ish picture reviews, I can say that they take a lot longer than one might think.

For me, selfish (?) as it may sound, it's nice to have people comment and say they are reading or enjoying it as motivation to continue. Positive reinforcement! And, it's nice to acknowledge those that took the time to comment, since most people just follow along silently (myself included most times!)

And things do come up, despite best intentions. You never know what the other person is going through.

Just my opinion!

Jenn

The reviews I enjoy the best are the ones when people, evidently, type it out ahead of time and then post them all at once so the review is done within a few posts with minimal interuptions.

And the ABSOLUTE WORST is when the "I can't wait to hear more" posts quote the OP and including all the pictures so that you have to scroll through them more than once.

I agree with both of you.

If I quote a post that has a bunch of pictures I just delete the pictures out of the original post then they don't show up again.

I tend to wait until there are several pages of a review, that way I can just read the reviewer's posts and pretty much quickly scroll through all the comments.

But mostly I just read the reviews in the member review section.

Archived