Chefs Table and 12 Year old?

JdoggCruiser

If you can afford the price and your daughter is into "cooking" this would probably be a great opportunity for her...if, on the other hand, she would rather be spending her time swimming or playing and hasn't developed a palette yet it might be a big waste of money. Now the kids in my family start ordering artichokes, lobster and crab, specialty cheeses (you know the kinds that stink) for their birthday dinners as soon as they realize that "tasty" food is often expensive food (about age 8).

If your daughter doesn't want to go is there a youth program she can go to so you won't miss the experience?

I have to agree with Brenda.

My wife and I did Chef's Table back in June and found it to be a wonderful experience. Opportunity to see the galley, meet and chat with the chef and stuff yourself with some of the best food you'll ever get on the ship.

It will be a great chance for your 12 year old to see the galley and see a high performance operation in action. BUT if she is not too interested in working in a kitchen then this may not be the best experience for her.

Hope this helps.

Unless your daughter has developed a foodies palate, I would wouldn't waste the $75. I highly recommend the chef's table for anyone who doesn't mind a little adventure diningwise. Though I have to admit, I can be a little picky sometimes about food, but I made an effort to taste everything they put in front of me. Most of it I liked, some of it I didn't. Was a great experience.

You might see if the DD would like to hang out with other kids and do the Camp Carnival dinner that night.

Archived