Going to book today

CELTICGIRLCRUISER

OK couldn't resist the resident rates so time to book the Dream for a 4 nighter in December. There are just the 2 of us so debating which to book.

So my questions are:

They have offered me deck 6 CAT 4D deluxe family oceanview room with private verandah. Did this before and it was fine.

They have also offered the slightly smaller deluxe oceanview with private veraandah cat 5A on deck 9 or 10.

Also

5B on deck 8

5C on deck 7

5D on deck 6

5E on decks 5 through 10

6A on decks 8/9/10

6b on decks 5/6/7

I guess I am thinking more about the decks against the cabins as I sort of know what to expect with them. Leaning towards the 4d or 5a obviously but what do you think about going up the decks so to speak?

OK couldn't resist the resident rates so time to book the Dream for a 4 nighter in December. There are just the 2 of us so debating which to book.

So my questions are:

They have offered me deck 6 CAT 4D deluxe family oceanview room with private verandah. Did this before and it was fine.

They have also offered the slightly smaller deluxe oceanview with private veraandah cat 5A on deck 9 or 10.

Also

5B on deck 8

5C on deck 7

5D on deck 6

5E on decks 5 through 10

6A on decks 8/9/10

6b on decks 5/6/7

I guess I am thinking more about the decks against the cabins as I sort of know what to expect with them. Leaning towards the 4d or 5a obviously but what do you think about going up the decks so to speak?

All nice but I would book the cat 5A on deck 9 or 10.

On a shorter cruise the location is less important than say a 7 night cruise but, private verandah is great for a sea day, seeing the ship go in and out of port, having room service on the verandah, having you own private area on a ship of 4,000 people thats nice, getting fresh air in your room, if you have kids they can have a nap but you still can enjoy the cruise on the verandah.

All decks quoted there are nice.

Higher decks are closer to the pools, less walk, and the elevators get busy, I like being able to go straight to the room and change out of swimwear without going too far in ship, also getting to Cabanas for breakfast and lunch, and Palo and Remy its a far shorter distance.

You only need to go down in the evenings then its once for dinner> show> shops before return.

Thank you that is what I was thinking and am I heavily leaning towards deck 9 5A at the minute but needed to hear it from the experts...lol.

Deck 9 is good as staterooms above and below all the way so no noise, ie not below a lounge, or a bar, not above engines etc.

A should be in the middle, booking midship is best.

celticgirl,

When we booked we went with the 4d, but we are a family of 3, so the extra space is a bit more meaningful for us. We also have a little one who will go to the club, so deck 6 is convenient. And finally, we liked the look of the shower in the deluxe family verandas compared with the standard veranda.

With only 2 of you and no child (I'm guessing?), the deluxe family veranda isn't as important, and I agree that a higher deck would probably be better for you. However, I'd stay away from deck 10 if you can - some areas are noisy from the deck above.

I know you know this, but just a reminder to scan/fax/e-mail your ID to Disney asap after booking. Do not delay!

Have a great cruise!

celticgirl,

When we booked we went with the 4d, but we are a family of 3, so the extra space is a bit more meaningful for us. We also have a little one who will go to the club, so deck 6 is convenient. And finally, we liked the look of the shower in the deluxe family verandas compared with the standard veranda.

With only 2 of you and no child (I'm guessing?), the deluxe family veranda isn't as important, and I agree that a higher deck would probably be better for you. However, I'd stay away from deck 10 if you can - some areas are noisy from the deck above.

I know you know this, but just a reminder to scan/fax/e-mail your ID to Disney asap after booking. Do not delay!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks, I have been researching the cabins we were offered and a couple on 10 were away from the noise as such with cabins above and below. Just waiting on DH getting home to finalize things!:D

Thanks, I have been researching the cabins we were offered and a couple on 10 were away from the noise as such with cabins above and below. Just waiting on DH getting home to finalize things!:D

I have been on the Magic on deck 8, one below the pool decks, and also on deck 12 one below the sun decks forward, and never had any noise at all on 9 DCL cruises.

I think some cabins get something from pirates night deck party but you would be up on deck at that time anyway and not in your cabin asleep?

Now I see occasional reports of slight noise, I am a light sleeper and never had an issue, I think sometimes these noises are posted by people who haven't been on the higher decks.

Anyway I haven't been on the Dream myself .

I have seen quite a few reports of noise from deck 3 bars and lounges and discos at night or laundry locations and its best to avoid places around the entertainment areas on the ships or near engines etc.

Archived