Anyone booked on the Crown Princess?

DARNAILZ

Hi Mike...

Just a reminder that the pier, which will be located in Brooklyn, is currently under construction. ;)

http://www.wirednewyork.com/cruises/brooklyn/default.htm

I was told that the parking prices at the pier was about $28 per day, is that right? If so it will be a lot cheaper for me to rent a van to get us down and have one waiting for us when we get back.:rolleyes:

I was going to wait until I disembarked the Constellation on October 5th of this year to put a deposit on the Crown for June or October of 2006. From the info in this thread so far, it will probably have to be a sailing in October,2006. Then, if all goes well, I would put an on board deposit for a trans Pacific sailing on the Sapphire leaving Sydney around April 7, 2007.

Looks like the timing might work out.

So, I havent booked yet on the Crown Princess but hope to book in October of this year for October of 2006.

The cruise price for 9 days on the Crown Princess worked out to be cheaper than a FLL cruise package. We usually travel down to Fll for a pre cruise day and hotel stay, then after a 7 day cruise on the CB we stay an extra day post cruise(9 days). I chose the 9 days on a Princess ship and the ease of travel as we are close by.

We chose an inside cabin on Lido deck for the September 21, 2006 sailing. We used our future cruise certificate and got $25.pp SBC, got $25.pp SBC from TA and a bottle of wine and coupon book. The cabin price per person was $1083.

I hope this helps as a guideline for some.

I think alot of people will book out of NY,that our nearby the pier, because you don't have that hassle of flying.

We just came back from the Voyager reposition. We had to fly to FLL on a 7am flight out of LaGuardia, which meant we had to catch our group bus at 3:30am. When we got to FLL we then had to stand on line (with luggage) to get transfer. Then when we did finally reach the ship, a 2 hour wait to get on.....

Needless to say, if I can avoid all that by going out of NY where you can just drive to pier and get on ship and have your first day to enjoy, without being exhausted, I will pay a bit more!

Darnailz, you can also avoid that exhausting first day by traveling down to Florida the day before. I look for inexpensive airfares and good hotel deals and found that going down a day early affords us the opportunity to start our embarkation off feeling fresh and not tired at all.

We've cruised out of NYC, and although we were able to drive to the port, I don't know if I'd do it again. Granted it was Fleet Week and the security alert had been raised, but it was an absolute nightmare. We could have flown to Florida faster than it took us to drive from south Jersey and board the ship in NYC. When we factored in the cost of a driver to NYC (very expensive to park your car, over $20/day), the higher cost of the cruise, and the hassle at the cruise terminal, we decided it was well worth flying to Florida a day early. We are 15 minutes from Atlantic City airport, parking is $4/day and we can fly non-stop from A.C. to Ft. Lauderdale and be there in two hours.

I totally agree. The September & October rates, imho, are very good. ;)

The cruise price for 9 days on the Crown Princess worked out to be cheaper than a FLL cruise package. We usually travel down to Fll for a pre cruise day and hotel stay, then after a 7 day cruise on the CB we stay an extra day post cruise(9 days). \

Archived