Please help with my insurance question!!

gerbera33

Ok..will try to explain.

My husband works up north (Canada) and is due to fly home on November 22nd to Toronto and we fly out of Buffalo to FLL on November 23rd. Our cruise leaves Miami on the 24th.

We haven't booked insurance but I am thinking of trying to get a last minute policy just in case his plane doesn't get out of camp in time (due to weather) and we can't make the flight on the 23rd or even worse the cruise on the 24th.

Is this something that trip insurance would cover? Thanks!

We haven't booked insurance but I am thinking of trying to get a last minute policy just in case his plane doesn't get out of camp in time (due to weather) and we can't make the flight on the 23rd or even worse the cruise on the 24th.

Is this something that trip insurance would cover? Thanks!

With whatever insurer you choose just be aware that you'll probably have to insure the flight from the "camp" also. If that flight is not insured and it's the cause of you missing your departure on the 23rd you're not going to get any help from the insurer. Be sure to ask the insurer.

Exactly what, if anything, is covered related to weather-caused delays or interuptions will depend on the exact plan you choose.

Archived