for peppern

spursdebs

I showed my Mother your Pics of the QM2 yesterday, she said I must thank you for taking the time and posting them, she is so looking forward to going on QM2 its one of the last things left on her bucket list, to do a TA to New york on a Cunard ship.

I showed my Mother your Pics of the QM2 yesterday, she said I must thank you for taking the time and posting them, she is so looking forward to going on QM2 its one of the last things left on her bucket list, to do a TA to New york on a Cunard ship.
Please pass on my sincere thanks to your mother, very, very kind of her :o . I am certain she will have the most wonderful time on board Queen Mary 2, and if the pictures help build the anticipation and the excitement, that's great! Please warn her, crossing the Atlantic on QM2 can be addictive! :) .

Thank you also for posting, and a huge Bon Voyage to your mum! :)

Thank you :o . All the very best to you :) .

Hi Pepperrn,

You have shots of cabin 7119 and is that a balcony cabin and what do you think the very approximate length or width of the actual balcony is please? In other words could a 6' 7" person lay on a sun lounger and would there still be room for a second smaller person to lay out on that balcony please? Apologies if this is thread drift.

Hi Pepperrn, You have shots of cabin 7119 and is that a balcony cabin and what do you think the very approximate length or width of the actual balcony is please? In other words could a 6' 7" person lay on a sun lounger and would there still be room for a second smaller person to lay out on that balcony please? Apologies if this is thread drift.
Hi, I didn't think to measure the balcony of 7119, which is my fault, sorry. I now wish I had :( .

It seemed larger than the standard Britannia grade cabin balconies, but there are only chairs, no sun loungers, sorry.

You can see the chairs here

QE Balcony of Cabin 7119

If you were prepared to lay on the deck I would guess there would be room for two (just) if you took the chairs inside. 6' 7'' might be a bit tight :eek: . However, I would perfer to lounge by one of the swimming pools, and use the balcony simply for fresh air, early morning coffee, and pre-dinner drinks (as seen in the picture :D ).

I hope this rather poor information helps :o .

All best wishes.

Hi, I didn't think to measure the balcony of 7119, which is my fault, sorry. I now wish I had :( .

It seemed larger than the standard Britannia grade cabin balconies, but there are only chairs, no sun loungers, sorry.

You can see the chairs here

QE Balcony of Cabin 7119

If you were prepared to lay on the deck I would guess there would be room for two (just) if you took the chairs inside. 6' 7'' might be a bit tight :eek: . However, I would perfer to lounge by one of the swimming pools, and use the balcony simply for fresh air, early morning coffee, and pre-dinner drinks (as seen in the picture :D ).

I hope this rather poor information helps :o .

All best wishes.

Your guesstimate is VERY much appreciated and I ask because if we are lucky enough to be allowed to go on a cruise I will basically confined to the cabin for the great majority of our cruise and it would be a 'Must' for me to get out on the balcony. I can only lay down soi sitting on those seats is out of the question.

Listening to what you are saying some balconies are bigger than others so I guess I need to do some research to find the most suitable.

Listening to what you are saying some balconies are bigger than others so I guess I need to do some research to find the most suitable.

It's on the QV and the QE where some of the corner balconies are bigger than others.

For instance on looking at the plans for the QV, 8074, 8075, 8092, 8093, 7056, 7071,7072, 7087, 6090, 6095, 6108, 6113, 5110, 5105 look bigger than the other corner balconies.

Hi glojo,

Building on what Ray66 has said so well :) ,

here are some balcony suggestions for you on QE.

8092 8093 7072 7093 6108 6113

have extra large balconies (and are wheelchair accessible)

You might also look at

8074 8075 7056 7077 6090 6095

which have larger than standard size balconies

You say you can only lie down, please excuse me if I have misunderstood you, my fault I'm sure, if I've read too much into your words. If this doesn't apply to you, please forgive me.

On a transatlantic crossing I took on QM2 there was one passenger who was on a medical trolley (with equipment stowed beneath), I saw him and his assistant out and about during the voyage, on deck and in the theatres.

On the last morning they were outside on Deck 11 (forward observation deck) sheltered from the rain, at 5 in the morning for the arrival into New York. I was inside the Atlantic Room at one point and could see the passenger enjoying the atmosphere and wonderful sights as we sailed under the bridge and approached Manhattan. I have no idea what type of cabin they were in of course, but from what I saw, they were both having a wonderful voyage.

I hope you will as well :) .

Hi glojo,

Building on what Ray66 has said so well ,

here are some balcony suggestions for you on QE.

have extra large balconies (and are wheelchair accessible)

You might also look at

8074 8075 7056 7077 6090 6095

which have larger than standard size balconies

You say you can only lie down, please excuse me if I have misunderstood you, my fault I'm sure, if I've read too much into your words. If this doesn't apply to you, please forgive me.

On a transatlantic crossing I took on QM2 there was one passenger who was on a medical trolley (with equipment stowed beneath), I saw him and his assistant out and about during the voyage, on deck and in the theatres.

On the last morning they were outside on Deck 11 (forward observation deck) sheltered from the rain, at 5 in the morning for the arrival into New York. I was inside the Atlantic Room at one point and could see the passenger enjoying the atmosphere and wonderful sights as we sailed under the bridge and approached Manhattan. I have no idea what type of cabin they were in of course, but from what I saw, they were both having a wonderful voyage.

I hope you will as well :) .

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... You cannot begin to imagine how much this post has cheered me up. I am awaiting approval from the Cunard disability team to allow me on board a cruise ship and if this person was allowed, my fingers are crossed that I MIGHT. We will have a fully reclining wheelchair which will give us greater manoeuvrability and when not being used it might be able to fold away into a much smaller space compared to a stretcher. Those cabin numbers will get filed onto my computer and will be the ones I will be aiming for. THANK YOU

I'm afraid I am very self concious and doubt I would like to be wheeled about in the many public areas. Being 6' 7" in length :) I am guessing we would stand out from the crowd and that is not something that will make me feel comfortable, nor relaxed.

My wife has looked after me for 19years without a single day's respite and this cruise will be my way of thanking her, plus hopefully give her a break from the toil and trouble I might accidentally cause.

If I can be dumped on a private balcony with the wind blowing through my hair and the sight of the sea roaring by, I will be a very happy man. The stars at night is only going to be the icing on the cake, so that balcony is a MUST have feature. If the balcony on ships from other companies are larger, than sadly that might out trump itinerary :(:( (not a choice I really want)

Apologies for the thread drift but you appear to be a knowledgeable person that has taken the time to post some very nice pictures :):)

It's on the QV and the QE where some of the corner balconies are bigger than others.

For instance on looking at the plans for the QV, 8074, 8075, 8092, 8093, 7056, 7071,7072, 7087, 6090, 6095, 6108, 6113, 5110, 5105 look bigger than the other corner balconies.

I am also very indebted to your very good self for taking the time to post these details which are invaluable. We intend going on the Queen Elizabeth 2014 World Cruise and being on a ship for 100+ days demands I am not confined to my cabin. Thinking on the hoof, I have so many question, I think it might be better to start a new thread as opposed to taking over one that is dedicated to thanking a very helpful person. :o:o

Is the deck layout on the Queen Victoria similar to the Queen Elizabeth, in other words will your numbers transfer across to cabins with the exact same balcony layout?

Thank you once more,

John

The balcony numbers I suggested are more or less the same as Pepper's only in a different order. I think your best numbers are the following as Pepper suggests:

have extra large balconies (and are wheelchair accessible). And also 5110 & 5105 and 4108 & 4103

There are good deck plans on Cruise Critic's website on the following link. The cabins with the little black triangle are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/queen-elizabeth-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=528&deck=8

The balcony numbers I suggested are more or less the same as Pepper's only in a different order. I think your best numbers are the following as Pepper suggests:

have extra large balconies (and are wheelchair accessible). And also 5110 & 5105 and 4108 & 4103

There are good deck plans on Cruise Critic's website on the following link. The cabins with the little black triangle are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/queen-elizabeth-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=528&deck=8

THANK YOU very much and I'm off to have a look :)

Archived