Recent experience with the dive bus??

cruisee<3

Has anyone recently gone diving with the dive bus in curacao? Do you remember how long it took and how much it cost to get your own transportation there? I'm thinking about booking with them, but just worried about getting there as I typically like to book with companies that pick me up from the pier just in case I get lost ... because I would :o Thanks in advance!! :)

We dove with them most recently February this year. Drive time is 20/30 minutes depending on traffic cost $20 each way. Their shore dive site lots like nothing until you get in the water. Their house reef offers a wonderful set of options for divers of all skill levels. Once you come out of the water you can`t wait to get back.

We took a taxi out there for about $20 for the two of us (last year), but Suzy told us about the public bus and we took that on the way back. Think it was only $2pp for the bus. You pick it up right in front of the Dive Bus and it drops you off in Punda. You have to walk across the bridge back to the cruise ship. The taxi and bus look exactly the same (mini vans) except one says Taxi and one says bus. Next time we will take the bus both ways.

Oh thanks so much for the info!! Seems like taking the bus is a lot cheaper .. was the walk back very far and are there things to see on your walk back? so to catch the bus, I would just have to walk across the bridge right? that sounds like a silly question but just in case! :o

SO EXCITED TO GO DIVING! :D

An alternative is Curious2Dive. They are across the street from the Dive Bus and are very highly rated. They will pick you up at the dock & take you back as a courtesy. Hans is super!

Thank you so much! I think I will be booking with them .. They are half the price and they do pick up! I'm always worried about getting somewhere myself especially when there is a time restraint :)

Archived