What to do in San Juan??

cupcake8

Not sure if you are very firm on staying at the Sheraton. I highly recommend getting out of Old San Juan. Rent a car - very easy to drive in Puerto Rico. The El Conquistador is FABULOUS out on the coast. It is extremely close - just a few minutes from the BIO Bay tours - not to be missed if the moon phase cooperates. The resort is also not far from the rainforest - great place to spend time on a beautiful hike in the rainforest and then a swim under a waterfall.

You'd still have time to drive back to Old San Juan and see a fort and a little of downtown prior to boarding.

While I agree that the island is beautiful and worth getting out of old San Juan to see......... I would NOT stay out there.

We love Old San Juan. The forts, the architecture, the shopping, the food, the salsa and jazz clubs and just wandering around.

I made dh take salsa lessons prior to our first visit there....... hahahaha. We went to a little hole in the wall salsa club and were mesmerized until 2 in the morning by watching the locals do it...... and they do know how to salsa !!!!

Definitely take a tour out to the rainforest. If you can swing it - take a tour to the BioBay. But also be sure to just wander around old San Juan and soak it up. Be sure and enjoy some tapas and a mojito (or 2)

Archived