Infinity bay

pearly girl

I also understand Infinity offers day passes but the information is a bit confusing. Some say they are 1st come 1st served, some say they are the most expensive on the beach, some say there are restrictions. I have heard people say Infinity would not allow them in and I have heard people say if you eat at the restaurant you can hang out as well.

If it were me, and I was dead set of a day pass form Infinity I would email them, get the skinny then print said skinny to present to the Infinity people if need be.

If you are not dead set on Infinity, as said above there are other places to park your person. Beacher's and Foster's should be added the list offered above.

I agree with all of the above. Many resorts adjust their policies with the seasons. All tropical areas have a HIGH season and a LOW season. Prices for pretty much everything go up and down with those seasons. Also Infinity Bay is first and foremost a condo complex owned by individuals. They do rent them out but it is not a hotel resort. The management has to answer to the owners not tourists. While we stayed there for a week in July we inquired into purchasing a unit and were given lots of information about the property.

That said, December will be high season. If you can in fact get a day pass they will be on a limited basis. A day pass will allow you to use the restrooms, the gorgeous infinity pool, the restaurant, the palapas and loungers on the beach and I believe a towel.

IF there is availability you can sometimes rent just a chair and umbrella from the beachside kiosk near the fence.

Also, you will be allowed on the property if you just want to eat at the Palapa Restaurant - which has really really good food by the way. Of all the places we ate during the week, it was the best. And reasonable prices too.

Hope this helps

As compared to other spots, you can not preorder space/pass at Infinity Bay Resort. It is indeed first come first served. We purchased a day pass during Jan. and it was $40 each. I talked to the resort twice and got some help re time to arrive etc. It's a beautiful property, but if there on a cruise day, they do limit the number of visitors. So you can be turned down. ( But then later in the day be sold a pass.) Just depends on amount of guest space. The owners do not want to feel they are at a public beach club.

If turned away, you can walk the beach and try to get seats at another spot. OR prebook online now for space at one of the other spots...Mayan Princess will prebook, but they really wanted too much personal info for us to book with them. Fosters, Bananarama etc are always available.

$ 40.00 may sound high but the infinity pool is awesome. It is really nice to come in from the beach, rinse off in the outside shower and jump in the pool, swim up to the pool bar and have a cold beverage :D

Bear in mind that Bananarama does NOT have a pool. And, I may be wrong, but I don't think Fosters has a pool either. So if a fresh water pool is important, bear that in mind.

Bear in mind that Bananarama does NOT have a pool. And, I may be wrong, but I don't think Fosters has a pool either. So if a fresh water pool is important, bear that in mind.

Correct. Only Mayan P and Infinity Bay Resorts have the pools. Mayan P Pool is not directly on the beach like Infinity Bay. There it is set in the center of their property and surrounded by their buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we can get a spot at infinity bay for the day. We would gladly have lunch there to get a spot on the beach. Is it just down the beach from tabayana? And how is tabayan beach? Mahalo pearly girl

I agree with all of the above. Many resorts adjust their policies with the seasons. All tropical areas have a HIGH season and a LOW season. Prices for pretty much everything go up and down with those seasons. Also Infinity Bay is first and foremost a condo complex owned by individuals. They do rent them out but it is not a hotel resort. The management has to answer to the owners not tourists. While we stayed there for a week in July we inquired into purchasing a unit and were given lots of information about the property.

That said, December will be high season. If you can in fact get a day pass they will be on a limited basis. A day pass will allow you to use the restrooms, the gorgeous infinity pool, the restaurant, the palapas and loungers on the beach and I believe a towel.

IF there is availability you can sometimes rent just a chair and umbrella from the beachside kiosk near the fence.

Also, you will be allowed on the property if you just want to eat at the Palapa Restaurant - which has really really good food by the way. Of all the places we ate during the week, it was the best. And reasonable prices too.

Hope this helps

I hope we can get a spot at infinity bay for the day. We would gladly have lunch there to get a spot on the beach. Is it just down the beach from tabayana? And how is tabayan beach? Mahalo pearly girl

Infinity shares a property line with Tabyana. Tabyana is a very small part of West Bay Beach the cruise ship companies use.

To clarify something: all beaches in Roatan are public. No private beaches. However, some resorts charge to go through their property (and use their facilities) to get to the beach. This is NOT necessary. There are public access walkways you can use.

If you want to go to the beach in front of Infinity Bay but not buy a day pass to use their facilities - there is a public access right down the beach next to Bananarama.

If you want to eat at the Palapa Bar Restaurant you can tell the guard at the little gate you just want to eat. They will let you.

If you want to use the pool, showers, bathrooms, beach loungers/umbrellas/palapas on the beach, you need a day pass. The new building is now open (at the end furthest from the beach) and the NEW restaurant (more formal) is serving, but not sure if the spa is open or not.

Tabyana is right next door to Infinity Bay. They share the same end area of this beautiful beach. There is NO Tabyana beach per se, but it is all West Bay beach (which is approximately one mile long). They just call the beach in front of their property Tabyana beach.

Hope this helps.

To clarify...At Infinity Bay Resort, the day passes are $25 when not peak season. When very busy like in Jan-March, rate goes to $40 each. After being told they were at max capacity, we saw a couple offer $50 each and they were given a chair. Steep price to pay in my eyes.

Have a back up plan if visiting during those busy months especially if lots of ships are in Coxen Hole for the day, or get to the resort before 11 and you shouldn't have trouble. If you have lunch at Infinity Bay resort, you can't get a chaise and sit on the beach or use their pool. You have to get the day pass. However, because the beach is public you can always just use a towel and sit there or anywhere. There are other spots where you can rent chairs without paying for a day pass.

Archived